Friday, May 16, 2008

Coffee break

I'm not really an extreme coffee lover. I do drink coffee but I seldom drink it. I usually drink tea during breakfast and have Chinese tea during tea time (when my dad is around) at home. I rarely/never order coffee when eating out. The thought of getting addicted to it scares me.

However, Australian culture changed my view and perception of coffee. People here love drinking coffee. It is the second norm to drinking alcohol here I guess. There are 4 places that sell coffee in my campus alone (or maybe more). During peak hours ie. lunch, you can see people queueing up to buy coffee at campus centre. The coffee at the Den is very popular among students while coffee at the high-class cafe near the Science building (staff, tutors and professors can often be seen at the cafe) is unbeatable, not to mention being slightly more expensive than others.

Last Wednesday during the one-hour break between lectures, I joined Ravind, Ivie, Li Ping and Grace to the high-class cafe (I forgot its name) for coffee/chocolate drink. Adilah joined us a few minutes later and the six of us enjoyed our hot drinks in the cool breeze. As I'm not used to drinking coffee, I ordered a white chocolate truffle - something like white chocolate and milk. It's really creamy, but I love the bacio that Ravind recommended (Li Ping ordered it). There's another one with caramel which sounds great too.

Today our PCL ended early so Li Ping suggested getting coffee from the Den before going for lecture. I accompanied her there though I didn't have the thought of getting one myself at first. Yet I gave in when she let me taste her latte. She recommended me to get mocha since I like sweet stuff. '好喝吗?' she asked. I nodded. 'Will you buy it again next time?' 'Yeah sure!' I didn't regret buying it =)

In the lecture theatre before the lecture started, Grace asked what's latte. 'Ask the coffee expert,' I said, while pointing towards Yeu Sheng who was sitting beside her. Being the coffee expert, she answered the question without doubt. Nooi Hoay actually thought Grace was asking what's satay =.=

咖啡,我喜欢 =)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray!welcome to the coffee-lovers world!!

Anonymous said...

hooray!welcome to the coffee-lovers world!!

Anonymous said...

paiseh i pressed twice, feel free to delete one of them =)

*jeSSicA* said...

li ping: i have more to learn bout coffee lol!

t.v. said...

coffee was never my favourite too. but after i drank the himalaya tea latte at mccafe in singapore, that cup of latte completely changed my mind. too bad i cant find this latte at the mccafes here.

*jeSSicA* said...

himalaya tea latte? so it's tea or latte? maybe they mix tea and latte together haha.

Chien said...

they do have mccafe here (there I meant), dont they?

*jeSSicA* said...

u mean melb? yeah they have.

t.v. said...

or u mean perth? we got mccafes here but dun hv himalaya tea latte~