Sunday, September 28, 2008
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
8 facts about me!!
1. I still don't have a clue what is my favourite colour. But I know I like this combination of colours: pink + purple, pink + blue, white + purple. It depends on what the thing is eg. clothes, cards, stationery etc. Green looks good sometimes. I avoid fluorescent colours.
2. I can be called as a 'sentimental' person...as in, I like collecting things that people give me, such as little messages, drawings, pictures, gifts and cards. Little messages can be a memo, a sticky note, an email, a note, sms...anything that makes me feel warm =) Cards as well as postcards, which are what I always think they are the effort and love that people put in to write/make them, and I really treasure them all. My phone and laptop have many of my friends' and my family's messages and pictures from MMS which I keep. My personal drawer at home has cards, little messages, drawings and little memorable things I kept since early secondary school. Whenever I'm at home and I have the time, I'll read them and smile at how sweet and nice were the moments I shared with my friends...coz I appreciate them all =)
3. My perfectionism kills me sometimes. I feel that I need to do things in the proper way and do them nicely. I think it's coz since young my mom used to tell me 'if wanna do, do it properly, don't simply do'...so yeah. I spend time organising my notes and my stuff. I spend time doing things for others, because I want to do them nicely. I arrange my stuff neatly in 'the place where they should be', e.g. lecture notes all in a file arranged by topic, songs stored in laptop in folders according to artists and albums, long-sleeve shirts/blouses are separated from short-sleeve ones...you would rarely see my room in a messy state =P
4. I'm an artistic person. I don't know how to write poems like my sister, but I know how to decorate and do artwork. I enjoy writing/making cards, drawing and painting, doing little artwork such as folding stars. Maybe you think that they would take up much of my time. Yet, when I have the inspiration, I usually will finish doing them quickly. Thanks to speed too =P
5. I believe in some things written about my horoscope and zodiac. Ever since primary school whenever I came across the horoscope or zodiac section in magazines and newspaper, I would not miss reading them. Even if I don't understand some of it LOL
6. I love photography! And I'm improving my skills on it =P (not on myself la if that's what you are thinking)
7. I think a lot. A lot of things can be on my mind at the same time. Will this lead to stress? I don't know. But I'm optimistic most of the time.
8. I express myself better in English rather than Chinese when it comes to writing. Many may not know but English is my first language. I used to speak English with my parents and sisters when I was young. Yet when I filled in the form for IELTS 2 years ago I put Chinese/Mandarin as my first language hahaha. I like Chinese though I'm not good at writing in that language. But I like it when people write something for me in Chinese =)
8 people to tag:
1. Angelene (I know you'll do it for me =P)
2. Chien (I know you are a good girl)
3. Cheah Yen (long time never hear from you)
4. Christine Wong (do my tag ah!)
5. Siaw Tze (time to update your blog, big sis)
6. Calvin (haha, do it!)
7. Cheng Khoon (you sure have a lot of things to say I guess)
8. Yee Fang (is this the first time I tag you?)
And this was the highlight of the day:
Yup, it's Li Ping's birthday! Yu Wan, Ryan, Yun Ying and I walked down to the front of the lecture theatre just few minutes before the next lecturer came in to type that...and this lucky birthday girl had the whole cohort of 300+ 2nd Year meddies sang birthday song for her together with the lecturer after that! And guess what, everything was recorded for MULO (Monash University Lectures Online)...it was so LOUD!! So COOL and so fun!!! =D
We had a lot of fun during lunch, thanks to Ivie who suggested everyone brought something that starts with L...L for Li Ping! You can see how creative everyone is (yup yup including me!) =) Ryan and Yun Ying actually suggested to me earlier that we used Coles' chocolate muffins and put candles on them to trick her that's her birthday cake, and that lunch was the only celebration for her. We even purposedly told her that's her birthday cake..but seemed like our plan failed because she was in so happy mood! (my plan was to make her feel disappointed that we only bought muffins as her birthday cake, so that during the evening when we presented the real cake to her she would be surprised) mana tau....LOL
The surprise element in our plan was in the evening when we had a BBQ! And this was when the REAL birthday cake appeared =) We spent the whole night with games such as musical chairs (yup, when was the last time I played this game??), table tennis and Pictionary!
Glad to know that our young lady enjoyed her birthday! And even surprised that she wrote thank you messages for everyone =)
p/s: Hey my blog name also starts with L!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wahahaha I got the parcel!! Wonder what's inside??
Turned to the back of the parcel...
CD, photo & music box...
CD??? Wow...I wondered what's inside the CD! And a music box...hahaha =D
But it's my turn to cook dinner that day. And it's cooking time...my cooking buddies were waiting for dinner to be served. So I gotta put that in my room and cooked dinner. Was a bit 手忙脚乱 at the kitchen coz I was too happy. LOL.
Came back to my room after dinner to open the gift. What's inside the CD? I'm so not gonna tell =P
Thank you darling princess! And thank God for everything =)
[If I were to say in your language: it made my heart meltz....]
Sunday, September 21, 2008
The first drink that I grabbed was a glass of white wine. And we started taking pictures =D
me, Yeu Sheng, Kaiwen, Iris
With Zepeng...it's only the beginning, don't think you have drunk much wine yet...but why is your face so red?
We looked up for our table number and location. Chau Wang led us the way. Our table was table 6, the first table to the left of the dance floor! Very near to the speakers. Haha. I was impressed that they put our names for each seat!
My name + chocolate + candies + golden rose
with Yeu Sheng
with Ye Chia the 富婆
Soon entree was served. We had smoked salmon with rocket and crouton.
with Cheng Khoon and Shi Hui
They were also annoucing the new committee members for MUMUS next year. After finishing entree, the music began! We had live band and DJ, and everyone started moving to the dance floor. And we of course suited ourselves to the music too =P
Girls at table 6
Music and dance
There were so many people at the dance floor, which was the focus of the Victory Room. The music was really great. Besides dancing, we took pictures too...
with Jason and Nooi Hoay...NH said he's very gentleman =)
his name is also Daniel
It was already 10.15pm when the main course was served. There were 2 courses on the menu and they were served alternately.
I got lamb with potato puree
The other course was chicken breast on Japanese pancake...I tasted a bit off Cheng Khoon's plate..the Japanese pancake tasted great
I think red wine and lamb taste great together!
After the main course, we continued dancing again....and more pics!
Grace loves me =P ohhh the golden rose!
Nooi Hoay-me-Chean Ying
with Li Ping...thanks for everything love =)
On the dance floor...guess which is mine =P
with Ivie...it's a miracle that we met at Monash - because I knew her by name through Angelene during those college days, never met her in person until 2 years later!
And we came across the group of ABCs at the dance floor too...
Oh...Sayuri is Japanese =P
and also with Hamon...the three of them are housemates
Not forgetting Kelly who loves to randomly kacau me at uni
Jian came over to our table
Even with my foot injury (not fully recovered yet) I could still 'dance' (which is shake and move your body according to the music LOL) quite well. We really enjoyed ourselves on the dance floor. I decided to take a solo pic of Li Ping so we stepped out of the dance floor. When I was about to show her the picture I took, I didn't stand stable enough on my high heels so I sprained my right foot a bit....ouch. I felt the immediate intense pain on the same spot of injury. It's the tendon again, I thought. I sat down on the nearest chair and my friends on the dance floor came over to me. Zepeng and Dilys gave me a free massage of my foot. Li Ping's hand was cold enough to act as ice pack which is what I needed LOL. "Are you okay?" many asked. "Yeah, I'm fine," I said. It's just pain for a while. I walked back to table 6 to my seat to rest. I didn't want to spoil my friends' mood for the night. I'm grateful for friends who offered their helping hand to me.
I could still smile with the pain on my foot...so I'm okay! =D
Soon it was dessert time!
The selection of desserts yummy~
our share of sweet stuff
Glamourous girls =D
It was about 12am and people started to leave for afterparty. There were buses provided to go to the venue, but there were too many people going so the buses had to make a few trips. Nooi Hoay, Ye Chia and Zepeng went on the earlier bus, so left me, Chean Ying, Daniel, Yeu Sheng and Chau Wang still waiting for the bus. It was quite a long wait, about half an hour...plus it was cold coz of the wind! We started talking and telling jokes "to generate heat".
I sat down on the pavement while we were waiting for the bus
Finally we got on the last bus, but we didn't get into the club where the afterparty was held - heard that the dance floor was smaller and it was very crowded and hot, hardly had space to move....so Daniel called the maxi cab and we went back to halls, reaching at about 1.45am.
p/s: I rarely upload pics to Facebook, but this time I will![updated: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=158915&l=c0917&id=669500454]
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subject: Congratulations! You have won yourself a week 10's worth of PCL!
An entry sent in by you/someone you know/someone you don't know has WON!!!!
Click below NOW to claim your INVALUABLE grand prize...a week 10's worth of PCL compilation, 100% GUARANTEED to provide you with hours and hours of FREE entertainment!
MORE AND MORE added each day...including contributions by esteemed authors (xxx) and (xxx)! Look out for it!!
Don't hesitate, click NOW!!!
P.S. What do you call a psychic midget who escaped from jail?
Answer: A small medium at large.
Haha. Our PCL emails are getting more and more interesting.
Today ants attacked my room. Since yesterday actually. I don't know where did the ants come from. Black ants which aren't afraid of water. They just seemed to appear suddenly, crawling on the wall behind my laptop. They came one by one every minute. Quite irritating.
Today's also the day I killed the most number of ants with one finger. Don't blame me, ants. You shouldn't appear in my sight. You shouldn't crawl over my photo. I know the photo is sweet, ants like sweet stuff, yes, but you shouldn't crawl over that. And speaking of the photo...I miss someone. I miss your face, your voice, your laugh, your endearment.
[updated: Thanks for the good night call =) but I still miss you...]
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for purchasing the PCL 9 Compilation Album, including the No. 1 hits 'Complications of GORD' and also 'NSAIDS and the GIT'. Unfortunately, the following songs 'Treatment of GORD' and 'Prognosis' have not been included since their respective artists (xxx) and (xxx) did not meet the deadline.
See you all tomorrow,
Yup, a bible! From Siaw Tze and Calvin. This is my second bible actually. The first bible that I had contains only the New Testament. This one has everything! =)
Yu Wan gave me this book. I think it's her first time giving Chinese book hehe. It's interesting to read, love it!!
I also received birthday cards from Siaw Tze and Ling Weng few days ago. Appreciate them a lot. Coz they made me feel loved. =)
Conney's card hasn't arrived. I'm afriad that history might repeat itself again. Chien's letter hasn't arrived too. Yet, I appreciate their effort to send me something for my birthday. I love receiving mails. Even though they might have been lost, it's good to know that my friends actually put in effort to write and send something for me. Feel grateful.
Siew Ting wrote something for me on her blog!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Received these after the celebration on Saturday...I think they forgot to write my name on the blue envelope LOL
I love the paper bag! *so cute* and the title of the book is my name! Thanks to Lin and Sheryl =)
Chean Ying told me she and 6 other friends who shared to buy me the dress also bought me something else. The gift would be late by one day....while they were talking about it in my room, I sort of guessed that it must be something related to the medical field. My guess was stethoscope, but Ryan and Yun Ying told me that it's not.
And when Yu Wan came to my room yesterday, she brought the gift with her...
Yesterday there was something for me in the mailbox...Quite a thick envelope, wonder what it is?
As for the card from my parents...mom pasted stickers of a papaya and orange, with a message written: 'Papa asked you to eat these more!' LOL I think it's coz I seldom eat fruits at home. Oh the card is a musical card too!