Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bristol & Bath

I went to Bristol over the Easter weekend to visit Mel...it was about a 3-hour train journey from Manchester to Bristol. She came to pick me at the train station and it was our first time seeing each other after so many years! We went over to ASDA Wal-mart near her house to buy some stuff before heading back to her place...and how touched I was when she told me she boiled some soup for me and made cupcakes and cooked salmon porridge for breakfast the next morning =D

Mel's cupcakes - her first attempt!

The next day we went to Bath as planned by train.

the garden that we passed by

us by the river

nice view....

entrance of the Roman Baths

inside the Roman Baths


=)
ground floor...

drink from the Bath waters

outside Sally Lunn's


Sally Lunn's bread for lunch....yummy~~

After lunch we rushed back to Bristol as Mel had to work in the afternoon. So I went to shop around the shopping area....

Cabot Circus shopping centre

Soon it's time for dinner and Mel had finished her work, so we had Spanish dinner together at La Tasca =)

everything is RED

small portions of various kinds of Spanish food
 I ordered sangria too after Mel's suggestion. It was a really fulfilling dinner....after dinner we walked around Bristol to see the night view.

the ship behind...is a restaurant/cafe

The next morning Mel made English breakfast for me....YUMmmmm =D

super delicious English breakfast

Then it was time for us to head to the train station....to start our holiday in Plymouth! Stay tune for the next post! 

No comments: