Monday, October 08, 2007

Efficiency

The light in my room was getting dim. I sensed that I would somehow need to report to the office to change the light these few days. Minutes passed by, and the light started to flicker. OMG, I thought. Such coincidence?! I checked the time; it was 6.45pm. The MRS office was open till 9pm. I got my jacket and went down, walking straight to the office while thinking that the fluorescent light tube would only be changed by tomorrow morning (within working hours). The lady at the office asked me to fill a form and said that she would send someone to change it in an hour or so. I was surprised but thankful at the same time. Surprised that the workmen still worked at that hour; thankful that I could study in my room at night.

While waiting for the man to come, I watched Ratatouille in the dark. I remember the times in Akasia when there were repairs needed to be done in my unit (door, lights etc) and my housemate and I would go to the Cemara office and report them. But they would only send the workmen to repair them the next day or sometimes a few days later.

As I was halfway through the movie there was a knock on my door. I opened the door and there stood a 50-something-year-old 'repairman' in his workman uniform, asking me, 'Is this the twilight zone?' How interesting! After changing the light tube, I thanked him and he said 'It's our job' with a smile.

Such efficiency =)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post Jess... wish everyone here was efficient, humorous, friendly and SS like that worker.

"Twilight zone? and your thought "how interesting!"

LOL! Joy around you indeed!

*jeSSicA* said...

lol...pity amanda that u translate her name to 阿曼达...sounds arab to me =P

by the way, when i came back to my room this morning, another workman was knocking on my door...he had new fluorescent tubes with him as well; and i was asking him why did he come. he said that he's checking if my room's light had been changed, if not then he would change it for me. i was again impressed by the efficiency!

nh said...

Kudos to MRS and its contract workers. Light tubes and door locks are the things they will not delay changing for us from my experience.

*jeSSicA* said...

yea...that's true...
wat bout letters then?

yeuyeu said...

Ya...Chean Ying experienced that before also...but for my poor wardrobe...they took weeks to come(actually i think they lost my complaint card so i went to report again and they came a few days later...not bad lah...it's not an emergency anyway)

*jeSSicA* said...

ur wardrobe? u have too many clothes la...hahaha =P

chuishen said...

em hmm...the worker here (USM) oso quite "efficiency" la...

last time my door stuck and cannot open it for whole night, my roommate had phoned the penolong hostel or sth but she din answer the phone (in mid night)...

then, the next morning, i came back from fren's room and we together phoned the penolong sth. then she ask us to go office to fill in some form la...etc, etc...

after 2 hours, finally the worker came, but he juz spoiled the door and said he can do nth as he wasn't the real key maker then he leaf...

(why a real key maker din came? because that day is sunday, and those workers din work in weekends one, haiz...)

so, we sleep in the room without lock for whole night....till next morning the real key maker came and repair the door lock for us...

em hmm....not bad huh? juz need to wait for 2 nights and one day...haha....

*jeSSicA* said...

waa...first time u wrote such a long comment on my blog..haha..

hmmm pity u la it's during weekend that ur door knob spoilt..nobody work on sundays..hehe...at least got worker go to 'see' ur door (and spoilt it).. =P