Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Two-o-o-eight

Wow, it's new year 2008 already! A brand new year, brand new start? Nah...I think it's just the same for me. I'm still learning driving, having to wake up at 7.30am everyday, still goyang-ing kaki at home while re-organising my notes, still playing piano...yet, it's new year. I'm going to be a second year medical student. More things to learn, more lecture notes to revise, more assignments. And when I think that I'm going to be 20 this year, I kinda feel myself getting...old. BUT I won't have to worry because I know that my friends are going to be 21, and a few 22! Haha =P Anyway, as long as we are young at heart, age doesn't matter right? RIGHT?

As it's 2008, I start to change my 'way of talking' a bit. For example...

"Those last year's newspapers.." (even though it's just a few days ago)
"Still doing last year's holiday homework??" (yesterday to my sis)
"Last year's pasta is in the fridge.." (one or 2 nights ago)
"I learnt driving since last year.." (Hmm..this sounds like I have been learning for a very long time already)
"We clean the house from last year to this year eh, mummy?"
"I have been overseas for one year already" (Oh my gosh, time really flies)

There have been quite a few friends gatherings ever since I came back KB. After Christmas, we celebrated Tze Xian and Zia En's birthday. Happy 41th, gals.. =P (21st + 20th = 41th)


At Golden Bean cafe (it's the first time I went there and I actually never heard of this cafe before)


They have gotten prettier over the years (Muahaha =P)

During New Year's eve, a few of us went to yum cha...and I was so surprised to see Kong Seng (aka OK Seng)! We chat non-stop pass midnight and it was also then I realise I was really too studious during secondary school for not knowing things that happened around me...haih...guess my antenna isn't really long compared to now =P


From left: Sze Ping, Kit Seang, Li Shan, me, Kong Seng, Wei Yong - friends I spent with pass midnight of 31/12/2007 to 1/1/2008

So....that's it. First post of 2008! Happy new year everyone!

2 comments:

Chien said...

how I wish I was there

*jeSSicA* said...

hahaha..we can 8 again some other time (though all the while i was just listening =P)