Monday, November 09, 2009

Warm and hot

Called home just now and talked for about an hour. Mum asked me what time I will be arriving at KL on 12th December and I told her that I will be back on time to have dinner with pa. (yeah I know we are one of the 'special' families who call mum 'mummy' and dad 'papa'...coz usually people call their parents by either 'mama' and 'papa', or 'mummy' and 'daddy'...so you know what I mean by 'special' =P) Anyway, am going off topic here...back to my mum's question, I said I will be back to have dinner with pa, and my sister who was on the phone with me that time told me that I will be having dinner together with them all at KL! Coz they will be flying to KL from KB on the same day I arrive KL =) How nice is that wheee~ can't wait to go home now....

Heat wave is striking Melbourne again. It's not summer yet (kinda end of spring actually). Seems like it will be around 35 degrees for the rest of the week =S

Guess what time this picture was taken:


Very bright right? Early morning sunrise? Well....it's NOT! It's actually coming to sunset, around 7.33pm...yes 7.33PM (in Malaysia it'll be dark already by this time)




and this was taken at 7.50pm. Now it's 8.08pm and there's still a bit of sunlight, not entirely dark yet


So our days have become longer and the nights shorter, which is not too good for the current HOT weather...my sister told me that there's a bit of flood at KB few days ago, how contrasting is that. And she even had to purposely 'remind' me of the air-conds in our house =.=||||

Today is also the last day at Dandenong Hospital for my PBL group. We had our last tutes today...time really flies, I could still remember the first time we met our tutors, the very first tute, where we all sat outside the Zouki cafe enjoying the nice weather (it was autumn back then) and getting to know each other...and suddenly 10 months had gone! After our tutes, we thanked our tutors and gave them some gift as our token of appreciation for their hard work throughout the year.


with our medical bedside tutor


and our surgical bedside tutor


Didn't manage to take a group pic with our PBL tutor =(

This also means that study week has begun (the official Swot Vac starts this Friday)....let's try our best!

10 comments:

yeuyeu said...

Yes...it's really hot! My fan works non stop...pity it=P

My swot vac started a week ago...but still seems like not progressing well >.<

Add oil lah semua orang

Ang3 said...

haih..mine is totally terbalik with u..
my sun sets at 4.30pm!!!
imagine that....sky gets so dark so early..no wonder ppl here got deression!!!!

argh....

all the best in exams too dearie!
jiayau.......

Kirito said...

hey during summer in moscow... 12am the sun stil there haha... i didnt realize that ur season there is the other way round from moscow... we are approaching winter d lor...

Siew Ting said...

Angeline, hig5! Canada also like tht... sienz...

*jeSSicA* said...

yeuyeu: haha jia you jia you~

angelene: then keep shining and show ur sunflower smile to ppl around u so ppl wont get depression =) u jia you too!!

kong seng: hahaha russia is at the north, surely different season compared to aus at south~ but i cant imagine how's it like to have the sun still up at 12am!! how to sleep??

siew ting: it's angelene spelled with e~ haha. it's going to be ur first winter soon, must keep urself warm always and dun get sick yea!

Kirito said...

talking about sleep haha... we sleep during winter... 4 am is like 12am haha... den summer dont sleep haha.. kidding la... not till 12 so late la... i mean 12 is dark d... u can see a bit of the sun haha... den after that all dark...

Siew Ting said...

ohya, Angelene, no wonder i felt weird when i type her name... hahahhaa!

*jeSSicA* said...

kong seng: still i i think it's weird to see a bit of sun at 12am, haha

siew ting: haha u are like ST always spell ppl's name wrong =P

christina said...

haha, i call my parents mummy and papa too! =) jia you oh!

*jeSSicA* said...

christina: yes u too!!