Tuesday, March 29, 2011

God works wonders

I was walking around the streets today, trying to get some sunflowers for a dear friend of mine....I walked over to the florist and saw that the shopkeeper just opened the shop and was arranging the flower pots.

"Can I help you?" she asked, after I spent a minute or so just pacing there looking for the flowers I wanted.

"Do you have sunflowers?" I asked, half-expected a 'No' as I somehow have the thought that sunflowers are not in season now.

"No I don't, sorry." Spot-on. Oh what should I do now? The only thing that I could think of right then was 'I NEED flowers...or else I couldn't come up an excuse or a reason for a 'missing' gift number 5!' I was desperately walking around the shops to see what other types of flowers I should get...but none of them caught my eye.

I walked further down to the University....there were a LOT of students walking around. It was quite a sunny day =) I couldn't stop thinking about gift number 5. What should I do? Just then I past by a bench, and I saw some stalks of yellow flowers on the bench itself! Someone must have left them there. Immediately what came across my mind was that this must be one of God's work...if it is true that You want me to take the flowers then I shall take them. I sat down on the bench next to the flower stalks, just to make sure that no one left them there on purpose or if anyone came back to get them. Few minutes past by and there wasn't anyone coming to claim the flowers, and I thought, I shall do as You say...so I took the flowers and kept them in my handbag =P

These might not be enough, I thought, though I didn't have an idea of an exact number I wanted. Maybe I should try to see if there were any flowers on the ground at the park nearby (i.e. I wasn't thinking of plucking flowers)....so off I went, walked around the wet grass in the park and picked up some yellow flowers....just then I thought, I wonder how many I have? Hopefully I have 24, just enough for my BFF. I picked up a few more flowers, saw a squirrel on the way, got my shoes wet due to the grass and then I decided it was time for me to go home.

I came home and took out all the yellow flowers I got and started counting them. Looks like I don't have enough, as I started counting....but lo and behold, when I reached the final flower the number was 24!!!! OH MY GOODNESS....this is truly God's gift!!! What a wonder this is =D I was truly amazed!


Adding some liveliness to her room =D



Happy birthday dearest, love you bunches 


Thank you Lord for the special gift and thank You for the time spent with Angelene....

2 comments:

Ang3 said...

likey!

*jeSSicA* said...

angelene: that's it from u?? mehh...