Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hospital visit + Yun Ying's birthday

Yesterday I went for my hospital visit at Monash Medical Centre. It's my second time there and initially I planned to go there by bus with my classmates. When Daniel knew about it he offered to fetch us, haha...he's the driver of the day as he had to fetch Yun Ying for her GP visit and some of my friends to Forest Hill to buy Yun Ying's present (of course the birthday girl didn't know this).

Yeu Sheng was doing her hospital visit with me too but we were in different groups. Each group consisted of 6 people with a tutor to guide us to interview the patient. For my group, we got to interview a patient who had just had a kidney transplant. He was really chatty but I didn't really get much of what he was saying because of his strong accent. Anyway, by the time we finished our visits and were expecting to go back to our halls, we called Daniel to check where they were and were surprised to know that they hadn't bought Yun Ying's cake!! And we had to go to Clayton town to buy a cake before the shop closed! It's nearly 5pm and knowing that shops usually close at 5pm or 5.30pm, we were kinda panicked. Yeu Sheng, Wei De and I waited for a few minutes for the bus but after realising that the town is just about 200 metres away, we walked straight away with fast pace. My, it's really tiring and I pitied Yeu Sheng coz she was wearing shoes with heels. We were relieved to find out that the shop actually closed at 6.30pm. So we bought a fruit cake, then accompanied Wei De to buy his heater fan, then took the 703 bus back to our halls.


It's lucky that my hall organised a dine-in event at the Mess Hall dining hall last night...so that meant that I didn't have to cook! After keeping the cake in the frigde, I went to the dining hall to have the free dinner. Usually I won't stay back after I finish my food but this time I just stayed back. We had a Bingo game to play. And guess what? I won a bar of chocolate!! Wheee~ Mmm..I love chocolates! =D


At 9pm the usual 12 of us (including Daniel) went up to Yun Ying's room and hid in the toilet opposite her room. We asked Cheng Khoon to hold the cake and knock on her door while we were hiding. Ryan was also outside with him. We even closed the toilet door! We could hear their voices when they came in (Yun Ying was suspicious because she heard our voices earlier, so she came in to check)...but after a while they left. We came out and saw no one (well except the fact that there's a girl who was going to bathe and was surprised to see so many of us hiding inside =P). Yeu Sheng then called Ryan who said that they were already downstairs waiting for us. =.= Looks like our surprise plan failed...

The fun part of the celebration was the singing part. The Deakins had already prepared the lyrics of two songs earlier for Yun Ying to sing, and Cheng Khoon was to be her partner. Haha!!


Happy birthday Yun Ying aka Angel!!

2 comments:

Dr Yingzangel said...

lol..i know this comment is super late but I just can't help it! I didn't realise that you guys actually rushed for my cake! Thanks and muaks! And guess how i got to read this old entry...I got too bored studying, then decide to google "angel yun ying" and this was the first search result...lol...

*jeSSicA* said...

haha...i still read old comments!! kinda surprissed lol...haha yeah sometimes when i'm bored i'll search for frens' names too (my name kinda hard to search for specifically coz everybody calls me jessica and there's a whole lot websites out there with this name!)