Sunday, September 30, 2007

the Weekend with the MOST pics!!

28/9/2007, Friday

It's not really a sunny day. The weather was unpredictable. It was really cold, the wind kept blowing, the rain was first slightly, then raining cats and dogs, and then there was no rain again. I did not check the weather forecast earlier. Wearing my newly bought purple jacket, I felt the chilly wind blowing towards me once I stepped out of my stairway, and I at once realised that I had worn the wrong jacket out. But there was no time; Yun Ying, Ryan and Chau Wang were waiting for me at the junction, so I rushed there as quickly as possible and off we walked to the bus loop. Royal Melbourne Show, here we come!

Throughout the journey to the Showgrounds via train, I complained of stomachache which came and went and I was worried that I might not be able to fully enjoy myself there. However, things changed after we bought our tickets ($17 concession each). We met Phik Lun and Yun Ying's 2 friends there and were excited to see so many things around! Food, shows, games, prizes, stalls....it's gonna be a great day, I thought. And yes it was! =D Not to mention the fireworks display at night which we waited for!



Me and Phik Lun in front of the Shrek booth




我们的幸福摩天轮!





Cheese and wine tasting


Displays in the Expo....


琳琅满目的糕点和面包


Cakes...

Cute cake right?

Free gifts!!


Free photo and chocolate


...and also these 'hands'...

and also 2008 calendar, a map of Victoria, free sampling of yoghurt, snacks and coffee...


30/9/2007, Saturday
Went to the Tesselaar Tulips Festival and William Ricketts Sanctuary. It was a day trip organised by Monash Residential Services. And oh my the colours of the tulips really amazed me!!! It was so beautiful there and I thought that it would be better if we could spend more time at the Tulips Festival instead of the sanctuary. The William Ricketts Sancturay has a lot of statues. We went to have coffee at a cafe nearby after a walk in the sanctuary. It was superb!




Colourful....red, yellow, orange, purple, pink, white...



Me and Zhi Han in red jackets....Yu Wan was also in red jacket, the three of us should have taken picture together...



Group picture!



Another group picture


The statues in the sanctuary led us to these crazy pose....



Me and Chean Ying



Yeu Sheng and her outstretched hand



Cheng Khoon and Yeu Sheng...do they resemble the Statue of Liberty?



Ye Chia's first crazy pic! Thanks to us yeah =P

3 comments:

yeuyeu said...

Cheng Khoon and I were looking for handphone signal...

Chien said...

I love the cakes!
and nice tulips =)

*jeSSicA* said...

yeuyeu: u guys did that to create that funny photo =P

chien: very lovely...wonder if i can eat those cakes hehe..