Thursday, December 20, 2007

Water gone!

I know it's kinda late to blog this, but the flood has subsided! That was actually a few days ago but I think there're still some parts out on the streets that are flooded. Luckily the water didn't 'go into' my house this year, but it was high enough for us to make precautions. First of all, almost everything downstairs were moved upstairs (except furnitures). I never realise that my house has soooooo many BOOKS! Textbooks, references and latihan etc from my old school days were still around! =.= Kinda 怀旧 to look back at old stuff. Next, the piano.

Notice the bricks under the piano? As my dad was not around and I was not strong enough to lift up the piano with my mom, we asked for a Malay worker's help. He and my mom lifted the piano while I quickly inserted the bricks underneath. Quite troublesome, eh?

Some of the flower pots in my mom's garden.


All up in the swing!

The flood....


How it caused the 'disaster' in the garden area



And this..


It's troublesome when there's flood coz it hinders us from going out. 'The bridge there will be jam like shit coz of the cars those people parked' (Quoted). As you know, there's a bridge that connects the area I'm living in to the main roads, and after the bridge there's some lorong that are low areas and frequently flooded, so the people staying there would usually park their cars ALONG the bridge, both sides of the bridge to the extent that there's only one single lane for moving cars to cross the bridge!! Terrible right?

And that's also the reason I didn't go out with my friends. Terperuk dalam rumah sahaja.

Now that the flood has subsided, everything is back to normal but as it's nearly end of the year, it's time to clean the house....

7 comments:

nh said...

Hey, didn't know your house is affected too. Luckily it's just the garden hor. Good that now everything has returned to normal. :)

Chien said...

arh poor you...
but I am also very sui, moved everything up and down when there's not even a drop of water ><

Anonymous said...

wah...luckily ur house is nt greatly affected by the flood...
and luckily that's before new year...
so now, u can start the new year wif cleaner and neater house ( since u needa spring-clean it)...and can start lepaking nw..
and dun miss me...bleuk...

yeuyeu said...

I'm sorry to hear that...but now you have things to do...wont feel wu liao loh...just kidding lah :p

Unknown said...

flood is fun... haha.. at least, everyday u hav something to look forward.. like how high is the water level today??? or, omg wil this be the end of the world??

hahaha.. ya, im too bored.. hehe

but the flood here did some good things also like.. they 'killed' all grass at the roadside.. now Sibu is super clean n clear.. well, for this month only, i guess

*jeSSicA* said...

sophisticatedsoul: yalo, and luckily the garden was not very muddy after the flood.

chien: haha same here. but takkan u want water to go into ur house?!

yee fang: 'lepaking'? here no place for me to lepak le. u miss me then say la =P

yeuyeu: if u feel very wu liao then come help me clean my house =P

penguin goh: u are really too bored. but i never know sibu also flooded..haha

思斌 said...

Poor piano, I wonder did you perform any special dry up for it?