Saturday, February 02, 2008

When I least expect it

Time: Around 9pm

Date: 1st February

Symptoms:
- At a loss of words

- Stoned facial expression coz kept staring at the person in front
- Increased heart beat
- Expressionless (only one expression - shocked)


Cause: the return of the SS queen

Treatment: her smile and her face

Description:

The house phone rang and I went to pick up the call. I said "hello" to the receiver but no one answered. The line went dead. Another prank call, I thought. I then continued playing games. A while later, I heard my mom shouted my name. She said that my friend came to see me. Upon hearing my mom saying my friend's name, I yelled a really loud "HAR?!" and rushed to the door to see if it's really her. I thought that my mom might have recognised the wrong person. I fixed my eyes on the girl standing at the gate. Though it's quite dark, I could see that it's really her. My heart missed a beat; I didn't know if I was supposed to believe my own eyes. Yet without second thought I dashed for the gate at once, and was at dismay when I saw that the gate was locked. I was about to rush in the house to get the keys but she stopped me. I walked towards her while gazing straight at her. "SURPRISE!" she said. I was too shocked to answer her anything. I felt myself going emotionless and expressionless. She looks so pretty, I thought. It took me a few seconds to realise that she was asking "are you happy to see me??" (I think she was more excited than me!) "Yes..." I said. I thrust my hands front to squeeze her ears and cheeks coz I couldn't hug her as the gate was between us. "This is for you," she said as she pushed an orange and a piece of note into my hands. "I called your house earlier to make sure that you are around and luckily you picked up the phone..." "So it's you who made that prank call!" I exclaimed. How smart. She said that she just came back that day and would only be around for a few days. "I'll come and look for you tomorrow k!"

Imagine how happy I was!

Additional notes:

"Do you know that the reason I come back is to meet you?" This phrase startled me even more, and I am really grateful to know her and have her as my bestest buddy and God-sent angel (I really believe this). I really appreciate that you came all the way to give me this surprise ^_^ love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is this SS-queen??

*jeSSicA* said...

i guess u know.