Friday, April 25, 2008

Colours, culture and food

It's International Food Festival organised by MUMUS and Ignite (both are medical students organisation) yesterday. Everyone's supposed to bring some food from his or her cultural background and wear traditional clothes to the event, and also donate $5 to charity. I like going to this type of event, besides knowing about other cultures, you get to know people, eat different kinds of food and take photos!
Guess what we brought....

Nah not this...this yummy-looking dessert was brought by MDA.

We brought Malaysian chicken curry and roti canai (roti prata) and I can say it's very 受欢迎 as the pots we put the curry and roti in were clean empty by the end of the event *yay*

With Sayuri (Sally) - the 'Japanese girl' in our course =D

With Pallu - my anatomy tute-mate last semester and this semester!

Saw this cute Snoopy tupperware....it's so nice and cute that I didn't really notice what's the food inside the tupperware

With Daniel my CBP mate...I think he's wearing Egyptian

'Family' - you can tell who's the father and mother right? And us 4 kids =P

Group pic!

Another nice picture in my camera


I like the colour of their dresses....very matching


There're also a few dances performed by our batchmates, really 大开眼界 @.@ There's also a guy who sang 童话, the famous song by 光良 without background music and his voice is so high-pitched! Besides that, we also got to introduce our costumes =) It's really a fun and interesting night!

3 comments:

Chien said...

fun =)
I want curry too

px:) said...

hey..jess..u all made d chicken curry n roti canai urself?? btw, d cake looks so yummy:):)

*jeSSicA* said...

chien: come melb, i cook for u =P

poh xuan: curry we use curry paste, roti canai we buy the ready-made ones and fry them...haha...i din cook coz i had a tutorial, my 2 frens did the cooking =)