Monday, April 07, 2008

Music has become part of my life

When I was in secondary school, I didn't listen to any particular type of music and remember the rhythm, nor did I know which singer sang which song. I never know the names of popular singers (except Teresa Teng as my mom loved her songs and the last character of my Chinese name was actually taken from her name); and I never/seldom know what title was the song which I would be listening to over the radio.

I did remember one particular song, however, and I remembered its title - 热带雨林. But I didn't know who sang it that time...it was till last year when I started listening to S.H.E that I only found out it's one of their songs. I also remembered 波斯猫 but only the chorus part.

The first Cantonese song I listened to (and remember) over the radio (my mom's radio is on 24-7 as long as we are not sleeping yet) was 福气. Again, it was till last year that I found it's sung by Kelly 陈慧琳.

Once during Physics tuition in Form 5, Hui Cheng told us that she would be going to JJ 林俊杰's concert (held at my school stadium if I remember correctly). I didn't know how he looked like or what songs he sang that time. Another time in the same tuition, someone passed Huey Shann 光良's first album bought from his concert. 2 or 3 years later I realised that his songs were not bad either; and my sister even had the music score for his debut song 童话.

When my dad just bought me my laptop and I started loading it with songs (I forgot where I got the songs from, but most were from friends - I never download songs then), there was this one song that Amelene and me both liked, and we both thought that it was kinda long (5 minutes plus, an average song will be around 3 minutes). We used to listen to that song again and again but I didn't know the title and singer for the song. One year later I found out that it's 丝路 sang by Fish 梁静茹. I remembered there was once that I took some songs of 周杰伦 from Cheah Yen, it was then I realised that 可爱女人 was one of his songs.

Thanks to DC++ that I now have albums of several singers; that I now know which singer sang which song; and that I found listening to music as an enjoyment and entertainment in my life. =)


p/s: And now I wonder why did I use ^music-gal^ as my nickname in mIRC last time...do you know why, }{pOp}{ ?

4 comments:

kedekut said...

hi diploma pianist Jessica,

do you know how to play the beautiful piano ballad 童話 like 王光良? =)

*jeSSicA* said...

wow...it's been a long time since I saw u posting a comment on my blog =) i'm not diploma pianist...i know how to play the song, but dun think can compare with guang liang hehe...

px:) said...

hee..SHE songs r really nice, perhaps u could listen to their newest album-zhong1 guo2 hua4..haha~~n yeah~~i juz finished my final:)

*jeSSicA* said...

haha yea, i got that album! good to hear that u finished ur exams =)