Sunday, July 06, 2008

BBQ in winter

Had BBQ last night at Farrer's Hall BBQ area (there were people using the Deakin Hall's BBQ area so we changed location). About 20 people turned up - we invited Kimber, Elycia, June and Jessica (yeah she has the same name as me) who were here on holiday here too! We spent the morning buying the stuff needed for BBQ in Brandon Park - as listed in this shopping list written by Nooi Hoay.


Have a closer look...



Cute right?

After sorting out our groceries, Ryan, Yun Ying and me started to marinade the chicken wings and beef. It was a marinade recipe we created ourselves on-the-spot, we were thinking that it should turn out great. And it did! =D

It was really fun barbecue-ing. We chat, we laughed, we ate as much as we could. It was really funny when we, who were barbecue-ing the meat, tried to stop Yu Wan from putting too much butter.

Yun Ying (seeing Yu Wan putting butter): 友望,不要涂酱多 butter 了!(trying to stop her)

Yu Wan: 可是我要涂啊!做么你们不给我涂?!我从那边被赶来这边……

me: 友望,够了够了,你已经涂很多 butter 了……

Yun Ying: 去去去,赶你走 =P

me: 没有人要请你涂 butter 了

Yu Wan: Arggghhhh~~!!

When Ryan and Yun Ying was cleaning the barbecue grill (I don't know what you call it so I used the word 'grill'), I poured some water on the hot surface - immediately there was white smoke as expected, and I ran away a few steps.

Someone (can't remember who asking me): 你做么跑得这么远?

me: 因为我看到巫公和巫婆!

Towards the end of the BBQ, we were talking on the topic of social dance, and we asked Wen Ter to demonstrate the dance steps for us! Chau Wang was his 'female' partner for the dance LOL!

I really enjoyed times like this spent with friends...especially when you have good food around =P

3 comments:

nh said...

OMG! My drawing on your blog. Paiseh-nye..

yeuyeu said...

I dont know that NH can DRAW...=P

*jeSSicA* said...

sophisticatedsoul: cute ma =P

yeuyeu: she CAN... =P