Friday, November 14, 2008

Reminiscing

At this time last year, I was already back in Malaysia....I was so excited, so very happy. There were a lot of things that I planned to do, a lot of stuff were running in my mind.

There were friends waiting to meet me on the day I reached Malaysia.
There were people whom I planned to give a surprise to.
I couldn't wait to meet my friends whom I didn't see for almost a year.
I couldn't wait to give them the souvenirs I brought back.
I couldn't wait to go back home to see the dogs which I hadn't seen before.
I couldn't wait to show my family the photos I had taken throughout the year.
I couldn't wait to bring home the chocolates to share with my family and friends.
I couldn't wait to go for the family trip.
It's going to be a long summer break.

Few days ago Yu Wan came to take photos from me. She browsed through the photos that I have taken this year, including those back in Malaysia. She came to one of the folders and viewed the photos, then she asked, "Oh is this that surprise visit you mentioned in your blog? I think I read it before earlier this year..." And I said, "Yeah yeah that's the one."

My mind raced back to February.
I remembered the post that I wrote.
I remembered the mixed feelings and emotions I experienced. It was a wonderful feeling. Seeing her face can lead me to be in a happy mood for the whole day.
Yet, it won't be the same when I go back Malaysia this year. She won't be around. There won't be any surprise visits from her anymore...

It'll be a shorter summer break as well.
I don't know whether we'll have a family trip, because my sister is selected for NS.
I don't know whether my friends will be around/free in December because from what I remember last year they still have classess going on in December (except Christmas though).
I don't have plans to surprise anybody, nor do I have plans to meet any friends on the first day I reach Malaysia. Well maybe not yet.

I can't wait to go for another 'jalan-jalan cari makan' trip!


3 comments:

t.v. said...

haha, y sounded abit emo? meet u bck in kb ya, or mayb kl?

Siew Ting said...

sob.. i cant meet u...

*jeSSicA* said...

t.v.: just emo lo...haha. kb kl also can, we long time din go yum cha dy...

siew ting: why???