Thursday, December 18, 2008

The day we left Melbourne

Finally, I’m back in Malaysia from Perth!

The few days in Perth had been fun. Our tour guides were Ling Weng and Bryan…you guys certainly did a great job! Thanks to Cheah Yen and Jaclyn who drove us to and fro airport too; and thanks to Jia Huei and Yee Fang for letting us stay in their house (we stayed in Yijia’s room actually). It’s been a great trip because we got to meet up many of our INTEC friends whom we have not met for about 1 or 2 years.


First of all let’s start with the day we left Melbourne.
Yu Wan, Ryan, Yun Ying and I went to Tullamarine airport together on 9th December by taking the Dandenong shuttle bus. I was staying in Li Ping’s house and our shuttle bus would arrive at 1.45pm. Yu Wan had suggested earlier that we had lunch at Li Ping’s house (quite a random decision). Li Ping, Grace and I waited for her to arrive after we finished cooking lunch (erm, it’s actually Li Ping and Grace’s hard work, I just stood there and watched =P). We were so hungry by then but we waited ‘patiently’ for Yu Wan to arrive. We planned to have lunch at 11.30am but she arrived about half an hour later. Yu Wan, you have to see how Grace wolfed down her brownies to fill up her empty stomach before you arrived (actually we didn’t have breakfast because all of us woke up at 10am LOL).


The very hungry Grace =P


We also took some pics while waiting for her to arrive…crazy and funny pics. Happy happy =D


Normal pic


Starting to get crazy...Grace acting like zombie


Acting like we were snatching Li Ping's 'karaoke' (it's actually a ladle)


This was what we had for lunch:

Fresh looking and colourful vege =D


Yummy chicken curry!


It was so fun sleeping over at Li Ping’s place. I only stayed there for 2 days 2 nights but we had great fun…playing computer games wahaha. Grace, who went with me to rural placement, asked me to introduce Li Ping to the game Mario Forever. And I think they were addicted to it even after I left =P We also played other mini games on my laptop. We laughed non-stop…it was like we had no worries, no stresses, really and truly enjoying our holiday. It had been quite some time since I last had a sleep over at a friend’s place. Waking up in the morning (in a house especially) often brings a good nostalgic feeling to me, and seeing a friend sleeping by your side is 温馨 =P (that also meant I woke up earlier than the other 2 of them wahaha). It’s also good helping out around the house…hmmm, I’ve been staying in the halls for too long, so forgive me for talking so much about the feeling of being in a house =P

So yeah, thanks to Grace and Li Ping, we had so much fun together even though it was only 2 days =)


Okay…back to our journey to Tullamarine airport...we reached there around 2.45pm. It was drizzling. Yu Wan rushed to check in as her flight was at around 4pm while our (Ryan, Yun Ying and I) flight was at 5pm. We bought Krispy Kreme for our friends at Perth. Our first ‘activity’ when we reached Perth was Jia Huei and Yee Fang’s housewarming party! Met many of their church friends and coursemates, enjoyed the great food and got ourselves ‘checked in’ to Yijia’s room (Yijia went back home already). Ling Weng moved in with Yun Ying and me while Ryan stayed at Bryan’s place. Yu Wan stayed at Cheah Yen’s place, and it is a good thing that their houses are so close to each other =)


So yeah…a warm welcome on the first day we arrived at Perth =)


Stay tune for the next post!

No comments: