Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thanks to Friendster

Who says Friendster is of no use now?

Thanks to Friendster, I received 2 surprises ever since I came back KB...


First one was on the first morning I was at home (I reached home on 16 Dec night, first morning meant 17 Dec morning).


My phone rang; it's from a number which I did not know. It's a landline number. Hmmm...Who is this, I wonder? I picked up the call and the caller at the other line introduced himself saying he's from Nationwide Express. What, Nationwide Express the courier service calling my Malaysian number? This is odd...and the guy said that I have a parcel! WHOA...a parcel for me on the first morning I'm at home? Great! But who sent that parcel? I couldn't think of anybody who would use courier service to send a parcel...coz usually we just use Pos Malaysia (normal mail)...


Anyway, the guy called to ask for directions to my house, I passed my phone to mum coz I didn't know how to explain directions. Mum told him that we'd just go straight to the office to collect the parcel ourselves because the office is quite near to our house. I was still wondering who the sender was. I guessed it's from a friend in Malaysia (of course Malaysia right) but I couldn't think of anybody. My mum and sister were more excited than me saying I'm lucky haha =P


So we went to the office, I signed and got the parcel, saw the sender address....Marudi! Immediately I knew...it's from
Siew Ting!!! =D




First layer



Second layer...so colourful =D



Third layer



The contents...and each of them have its own meaning and value



These, are sunflower petals...the reason? Keep it between us =P



The strawberry chocolate notebook...it has the strawberry chocolate fragrance too =)



I texted Siew Ting to thank for the little sweet surprise. She then called me and said that she got my house address by sending a Friendster message to my sister! How surprised I was...my sister didn't even tell me! (Well if she did tell me it wouldn't be a surprise then =P)


The second surprise was 2 days ago. This time it's my sister, who went to check the mail box and then asked me a weird question, 'Who's N G?'

I casually answered, 'N G? N G for Ng la..'

My sister then said with a puzzled look, 'N G for Ng? Then Angie Ng la? Who is that?'

Upon hearing that, my heart missed a beat, it's Angie! Not N G...I took the letter from her hand and said, 'Aiyo this is Angelene la! It's her handwriting can't you see?'

She sent me a Christmas card =D



So cute! The envelope too!



Angie for Angelene!


The next morning my sister told me Angelene actually sent a Friendster message to her too asking for our home address!

See how Friendster is useful? =P


No comments: