Sunday, February 22, 2009

Well well well

There's a lot of noise downstairs. People talking, cheering, laughing, and loud music. There was a toga party going on. Because it's orientation week. And it's 11.38pm now. Guess I have to stay up late again.

This morning/noon I got a little surprise from my neighbour upstairs...I was doing some work on my laptop and I heard a very familiar but long-time-no-hear voice shouting "JESSICAAAA!!" At that moment the name Clarice flashed across my mind, and I knew that Clarice and the rest must have come back to Melbourne from HK! I dashed out of my room, and yes there they were - Clarice, Jim and Kerensky! I gave Clarice a warm hug =) The guys were chatting with my neighbour Jack who just woke up =.= They just arrived this morning, and were feeling quite tired and hungry...so I cooked lunch for them, and Jack's as well. It's been quite a while since I last cooked for 5 people...haha. But lunch is easier to prepare because I cooked fried tomyam noodles =) And it's also an opportunity for me to practise my Cantonese with a group of HK people~

It has been a great weekend. Last night we went to Glen Waverley for supper. 10 of us shared 5 different types of cakes. Oh, didn't think of taking pictures of the cakes, so no pics...I actually think that cake is more 'accessible' this year (as in it's more convenient and easier for us to eat cake whenever we want to) because we're all having hospital placement for the whole year, and the Zouki cafe at hospitals sells good delicious cakes! And coffee too...but we can get free coffee from the staff cafetaria...let's hope that we won't get addicted to coffee *somehow* =P (Okay at this point I can't help but thought of Christina...you know what I mean =P)




Free coffee or tea everyday, it's your choice.



Just a few more random pics to make this post more interesting:




Got this box from Christine in January when I was at KL. Haha actually she asked her friend to buy some for her from Seremban so I asked her to help me buy some too =)




Yup, it's Seremban siew pau! It's my first time trying them...never been to Seremban but had a chance to taste its famous local specialty =)




I didn't know they made it to the Malaysia Book of Records!


Okay this is something else:



3 lunch boxes which are altogether a normal lunch for my friend/coursemate, Trung. He had 4 sandwiches (which means 8 slices of bread), a lunch box of salad and another lunch box of fruit salad. That's what he normally brings to hospital everyday for lunch. I'm still amazed at how much he can eat even after these 2 weeks of sitting down and having lunch together with others outside Zouki cafe. Everytime a friend of ours came over to join us, he/she would say, "Trung IS THAT YOUR LUNCH?!" Hahaha! Yet he's a person who can really eat a lot without getting fat. And he's fit. There's a time when we saw Trung coming to join us for lunch without his usual 3 lunch boxes, and we asked, "Where are your lunch boxes Trung?" Yeah I'm still amazed :O

p/s: due to some HTML problems I have been editing this post for like 4 or 5 times....frustrated =.=

5 comments:

Siew Ting said...

yo, first one here!!!!
glad tht u are still alive there~! hahaa~~

*jeSSicA* said...

siew ting: haha, din chat with u for quite some time dy, time to write email la~

christina said...

haha. it's really easy to get addicted to coffee. LOL. XD

*jeSSicA* said...

christina: and now with the addition of the fact that it's FREE, even easier to get addicted right? =P

christina said...

haha. i will not deny the truth in that statement. =)