Thursday, July 23, 2009

After 3 years of winter...

I can say that I don't really like winter. I didn't say I hate winter because there's a 'like' component to it...I can wear nice boots and jackets/sweaters/cardigans during winter, and then there's winter sale!

Anyway, the main reason I don't really like winter is that I often get sick during winter. In first year, I fell sick (common cold and cough and sore throat I guess) when my friends from Perth and Tasmania came to visit us at Melbourne. It's really a pity that I didn't get to go out and spend time with them, especially taking pictures... I forgot what I did or how did I really spend the first winter break in Melbourne...

Can't remember whether or not I got sick during last year's winter. But this year's winter in Melbourne is not too good for me....I fell sick twice! Currently having common cold and cough, exactly what I experienced just about a month ago! And there's a food poisoning episode in between the last time I fell sick and now (as mentioned in earlier post)....gosh! It all started on Monday....funny thing is that I kept sneezing so many times that night (apart from having a really dry throat), not expecting to catch cold the next day! And it was sunny on Monday and Tuesday =.=||||

Winter cold winter.....another reason for me to like spring more, besides the fact that my birthday is in the first month of spring (not applicable to the West though)....

Thought of putting this pic up which I have just received from Yen Nee. What she wrote at her blog brought back those good old memories of our primary school life. 'Mamee Monster' snacks eh? =P



We had a lot in common back then, which made us very very close friends even though I only first got to know her in Standard 5 (I skipped Standard 4; most of the primary school friends I keep in touch with now are those I know from Standard 5 and 6). We were in the same class for 2 years. We were both prefects, both in the same rumah sukan, both top in English language subject (because we speak English at home), both in the same choir team (she's the conductor)...we both took part in several team/group competitions too. But I guess there's something more to that - which is one big part of my primary school life after the decision to skip Standard 4. What is it, you ask?

Well, I guess most of my closest primary school friends/classmates would know. Very few of my secondary school friends knew, but it doesn't matter anymore. I wish I had the courage like I had back then. I survived, thanks to the support of my friends and family. I just hope that there's no other kid who experienced the same thing after me.

No comments: