Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Day just passed like that.

I woke up yesterday morning and saw mom walking to my room. I wished her a 'Happy Birthday' and told her to look at my youngest sis who was still sleeping soundly in her bed. So it's Christmas and my mom's birthday as well, haha!

Afternoon my sis, dad and I went out to buy some things needed for the dinner. We planned to do a mini barbecue (using electrical bbq) to cook the mutton, beef and chicken wings together with sparkling juice (yummy!). We already bought a birthday cake from Secret Recipe for mom a day earlier. Guess what cake... I think
Siaw Tze will know this, it's the marble cheese cake!

So three of us went to the central market to buy lettuce, potatoes and chicken wings. My dad easily got a parking, and my sis asked, 'Why everytime we go out with you, sure got parking space one... then everytime we go out with mummy, sure very difficult to find parking space...' Dad said, 'Yea, I think I have a guardian angel watching over me... you know that day when I drove back the car tyre
poncek while I was still in Gua Musang, but I still managed to get back home like nothing happened.' (Gua Musang is about 3 hours away from my house.) Wow...must be nice to have a guardian angel watching over you eh? =D

After getting our things from the market, we went to The Store to buy coleslow, milk and photo albums. When we got back home it's already about 3.30pm and dad started to marinate the meat while I arranged my photos and put them into the photo album. I began to make mashed potato at 5.30pm, boiling the potatoes to make them soft, then adding milk, butter and salt while mashing them. Finally it's a big yellow nice paste ready to be served. Mom made coleslow and while dad was barbecue-ing, the rest of us wore our Christmas hats and took photos. =P


We celebrated mom's birthday and ate dinner which started at 9pm, enjoying the good food and drinks.. after dinner I played Monopoly with my two sisters.


So Christmas Day ended like that.

4 comments:

syyeam said...

gosh, what happened to your dad is really a miracle. He must be a very good man that he has an angel to protect him =)

your mum's bday is on Christmas? That's so nice..

Well, at least you celebrated Christmas/mum's bday with a bbq. Somemore have two sister to play monopoly with. not bad d loh =)

merry xmas!!

syyeam said...

gosh, what happened to your dad is really a miracle. He must be a very good man that he has an angel to protect him =)

your mum's bday is on Christmas? That's so nice..

Well, at least you celebrated Christmas/mum's bday with a bbq. Somemore have two sister to play monopoly with. not bad d loh =)

merry xmas!!

syyeam said...

Jessica, sorry. didn't mean to post my comment twice. the page couldn't process during my first attempt. that was y i tried again. but it turned out that both of my comments appeared. tui bu chi.

*jeSSicA* said...

haha...it's okay la, i dun mind also..sometimes it's like that, sot sot a bit =P