Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good times

We've been having fun ever since exam finished.

Last Friday evening we went to watch The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian at the Village cinema in Glen Waverly. It was great. Had dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant after that.

Yesterday was really a busy day! We went grocery shopping at Brandon Park and this was what we bought...


A whole trolley of stuff =P
After grocery shopping and lunch, I waited for Li Ping to arrive - we're going to make trifle together! I planned to make 2 trifles, one for Nooi Hoay's birthday party at night and another one on Ling Weng's request. Siaw Tze and Calvin arrived few minutes later and they stayed in my room while Li Ping and I were busy in the kitchen. I used to take only 1 hour to make trifle but yesterday was 'not a trifle day' - I ran out of custard powder, and the remaining custard powder didn't turn out to be the way I wanted it to be. When I got to know that Chean Ying and Cheng Khoon were in Springvale buying Nooi Hoay's cake, I called Chean Ying and asked her to buy some custard for me - we were running out of time so I asked her to buy the ready-made custard. Li Ping was impatient to make the jelly =P But she didn't have the chance to make it because the sky was getting dark and she had to walk home. She did make some agar agar to be used in the birthday celebration later...for games =P


The trifle we made

The birthday celebration started around 10.30pm at the music room.



Nooi Hoay was teaching Cheng Khoon to play the birthday song before the party started


The food we prepared


I found this looked like Christine Wong - coz of the shirt

Chean Ying - the organiser/planner of the party

Ryan - the 'boss' of conducting the games

The party started off not with a birthday song, but with games (suggested by Chean Ying, ideas from Sayuri's birthday party)....first, it was jelly-eating competition. The fastest pair to finish eating the jelly wins, each person has to feed his/her partner instead of eating the jelly by himself/herself. That is what actually made the game interesting - you could see all kinds of funny faces! And this is where the agar agar that Li Ping made came to use =P The second game that we played was to guess which 1 of the 4 rice balls did NOT contain wasabi - 4 contestants each round. Guess by looking at their facial expressions...and also tears =P It was really funny and fun!!! Everyone had a chance of eating the rice ball as there were 20 rice balls prepared...lucky me didn't eat wasabi at all. However, poor Nooi Hoay has to eat wasabi everytime we guess wrongly!

After games, it was the core section of the party - birthday cake! And FOOD =P

Nooi Hoay's birthday cake

She looked surprised

Next up is red eggs...why would we prepare red eggs? I would not tell the reason behind this =P


Eggy.... =P

Next....my trifle!

There was a jelly bubble in the trifle


People starting to 'dig'...


One big mouthful of trifle!

*I want some more*


*This looks yummy*


*yummy*

‘友望的鼻涕’

In a few minutes...

- The End -

2 comments:

nh said...

Oh I'm the first to comment on my birthday celebration post. Yay!

Talk about the wasabi..scary man..so much of it in a night. Anyway, now I know the right tactic to eat wasabi without having to suffer. :D

And thanks for taking so many pictures. Will go copy from you soon. :)

*jeSSicA* said...

haha yea so much wasabi in a night. even i used to eat it at home also never have that much before! bravo nh, i like ur spirit =)