Sunday, July 22, 2007

iNterestiNg weekeNd!!!

It has been an interesting weekend! On Friday afternoon while we were having our lunch break, Chean Ying and I decided to stay overnight at College Square in the city. Earlier on I had the thought of spending one night at Amelene's place but I didn't want to come back alone the next day. Since Chean Ying shared the same thought, and so, yeah we went together! (Our 2nd 'dating'...the first was when we went to Oakleigh =P)

As usual, we took the bus and then train from Huntingdale station to Melbourne Central. The train stopped for quite a while at Flinders Street station and we were supposed to reach College Square at around 7.15pm but ended up reaching there around 8pm. We stayed a while at Melbourne Central to buy a dozen of Krispy Kremes! Yummy~ sweet sweet doughnuts! We then took tram to Lygon Street and walked straight up to College Square. This was the second time I had to take tram myself (with Chean Ying) without following anyone. And I was like asking her, 'Do you know which direction is the State Library? We have to take the tram from there.' She was like, 'This one?' And we walked a few steps till I realised it didn't seem like the street I used to walk, so I took another left turn and reached the tram stop in front of the State Library. Then I asked her, 'Do you know which number we should take?' She said, 'No' and I told her it's either 1 or 8. (I remembered 8 and knew the other one was 1 after confirmed with Amelene). 'Remember that ar...next time you can travel on your own to Zhi Han's place!' She was saying that she planned to go to College Square on her own if no one was going to stay overnight. I asked, 'How are you going to get there if you don't know which tram to take and which direction?' 'Well...just call Ling Sing or Zhi Han and ask lo...' She said with innocent eyes. 'Har...haiyo...okay now I teach you la...you better remember...' Suddenly I feel that I am independent after all =P

Upon reaching College Square, I called Amelene to come down and open the door for us with her card. We then went upstairs to Zhi Han's room to eat dinner together. Zhi Han, Daphne, Ling Sing and Esther were already waiting for us with hungry stomachs. Chean Ying and I hid the Krispy Kremes under Zhi Han's study desk. Nobody seemed to realise its presence, which was a good thing. Daphne, Esther and Amelene ate while watching DVD while the rest 4 of us sat at the table enjoying our food. 'Bayam!!! My favourite vegie...' Chean Ying exclaimed. Ling Sing look puzzled and said, 'Bayam? I thought this is spinach?' 'Bayam and spinach not the same one meh?' 'Har...same meh?' Although it was just a random convesation, it's these small details that make it so much fun to eat together with friends. Especially dinner prepared by your friends =D

After dinner and washing up the plates, Chean Ying and I made eye contact - we then decided to take the Krispy Kremes up to the table. 'Wow...' 'Come and eat la' I told the 3 gals who had eyes glued to the TV. Too bad we forgot to take the picture of the dozen of assorted doughnuts =( It's so colourful and tempting..

It's about 9.30pm when we were about to get ready to go out. Zhi Han, Ling Sing, Chean Ying and I went to IMAX to buy tickets for the Harry Potter movie for the next day. On the way back, we passed by a playground and Chean Ying got so excited about it - yes we went to the playground to play! We also went to Borders - I wanted to pre-order the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - then to Safeway to buy Sprite for Daphne plus some other stuff. It was almost 11pm by the time we got back to College Square. Amelene and I then went to sauna as had planned. Woooooo~ it's warm, not too hot, and nice...that's the first time I went to sauna~ After about an hour there, we went back to her room, took bath and slept.

The next morning (Saturday), we woke up at 10am, got ready and walked to IMAX (again!) to buy one ticket (apparently Ryan forgot that the total tickets to be bought was supposed to be 7 and he told us 6 =.=). We then took the free tourist shuttle bus to Queen Victoria Market, walked around to see souvenirs, jackets and clothes. I had my lunch there as Amelene was going to her friend's barbecue party at 1pm. After lunch, we took tram back to Lygon Street (it's weird that all the machines to validate the Metcard on the tram were closed, so we got a free ride back). I went down at a stop earlier than Amelene to go to Borders to get my copy of the HP book. There was a line of long queue to the reception to pay for the book - but not too long coz I only had to wait for about 15 minutes. I heard that it was far more crowded in the morning, the queue extended to the road outside! Anyway, I also got a free beanie white owl coz I pre-order the book! Wheeee~ it's so cute, looks like Hedwig! (By the way, that book cost me $29.95).

While waiting for the other friends to watch the movie at IMAX, I grabbed a book and started to read it but was feeling drowsy. There were some people dressed up like witches and wizards at Borders but I guess the atmosphere wasn't that meriah, probably coz there's not many children of HP fans around.

Finally at a few minutes past 3pm, Ryan and Phik Lun arrived by tram. I led the way to IMAX and we were like rushing there coz according to Yun Ying, there was a long queue waiting to get into the theatre (it's free seating and we had to go in early to choose seats to have a better view). The world's largest screen is at IMAX in Melbourne! Wheee! The screen was really large and the 3D specs were so cool! That was my first time watching a 3D movie =D

The 3D specs

It was already 6pm by the time we finished watching the movie. We had dinner at Univesal Pizza at Lygon. The best part of eating out with friends is that you can share and try out other kinds of foods served in the restaurant! Imagine if you are eating alone and all you get to eat is that food you ordered. That's why I love eating out with friends...sharing is caring (Deakin's Sayang Group motto). Oh, Chean Ying was holding a balloon all the way (yes even when we were having our dinner!) in her hand. It read '#1 HARRY FAN'! I was saying, 'you didn't even read the books how can you say that you are a Harry fan? So give me the balloon =P' and she said, 'yerrr, don't want...' And while in the train going back I imitated Yu Wan's style and told her, '一个气球都可以弄到你这么开心,你真的很可爱’..haha!

Future doctor??

10 comments:

Chien said...

I want the owl!!!
Can get one for me too ? >.<

*jeSSicA* said...

blek! go get it from borders =P are u planning to buy the book or did ur bro buy it already?

Chien said...

my bro wont read one !
But i wanna know how much are they selling back home...

chuishen said...

Popular here sell HP book at RM109.90, but 2 places only sell it at RM69.90!!! (tat's tesco and carfour in midvelley, if i'm not mistaken)

btw, the free gift is only a big big size t-shirt.............i oso want the owl!!!

*jeSSicA* said...

chien: look at chuishen's comment..RM69.90 back in m'sia

chuishen: big big size t-shirt suits u ma...hehehehe

chuishen said...

wei! say me like tat, how dare u r, hmm?! btw, i heard tat UK only sell in at 6 or 7 pounds, dunno real or not....

*jeSSicA* said...

6 or 7 pounds only?!! angelene, is that true?! how can.........!

chuishen said...

huh? angelene=me?

*jeSSicA* said...

wat la...angelene is angelene la =.= she's in uk visiting her sis..

chuishen said...

okok...is my fault ^_^