Saturday, July 07, 2007

-updates-

What happened within these few days after I came back from Sydney on 28th June:

1. Conney arrived Melbourne on 27th June and stayed with Yu Wan for 2 days, then moved to my room on 29th morning;

2. Friends from Perth namely Ling Weng, Hsiu Li, Yi Tyeng, Yee Fang, Yijia and Jia Huei arrived on 28th June - Ling Weng stayed in my room from 29th June to 3rd July.

That means from 29th June to 3rd July, Ling Weng and Conney stayed in my room and after the Perth gang left for Sydney on the 4th, Conney stayed with me till today (7th July).

Guess what happened within this period? We surely had lots of fun - it was sort of like a gathering of INTEC friends (from Perth, Tasmania, Sydney) at Melbourne. We had a 'dine-in' dinner on 29th June to welcome our guests, the number of people including us in Monash was about 25! Imagine how our 'chefs' cooked the food (by the way, I planned the menu before the discussion with the chefs =P). It was also during dine-in that Siaw Tze first saw me after we didn't meet each other for about six months. Long six months surely meant a lot - to the extent that she couldn't recognise me! I was standing beside the table, right opposite of the entrance door of the common room while my old pal aka big sis Siaw Tze walked in - past me - straight to the group of girls chit-chatting behind me! Imgaine that! I was staring and looking into her eyes from the moment she stepped into the common room and she didn't even look at me for a second! So teruk....that meant my hair is really long that she could't recognise me after all! She even asked Conney (while standing behind me), 'Who's this person?' =.= I felt so....so....aih...! As balasan for her, I purposely didn't want to take her picture with my camera...hehe~ Anyway all of us ate till very full that night and took a group picture! A grand group picture...it's grand coz there's so many people!

Food food food



[I still don't have the group picture in my laptop, will upload it later after I get it from my friends.]

On 30th June - the 2nd anniversary of knowing INTEC friends, we went to Great Ocean Road to see the Twelve Apostles. It was cold and windy (yes very very very windy!!) It was a day trip organised by the Monash Sports Centre and we went there by bus. It was also the day I saw rainbow so many times in one day! We could see koalas on the way there but they were sleeping high up on the trees. A few of us went for the helicopter ride which cost us at a discounted price of $60, 10 minutes ride above the sky to have a good view of the Twelve Apostles and the coastal line of Great Ocean Road.



Did you see the two rainbows in the sky?


Taken from the helicopter - that island shapes like a seahorse, right?



Group picture - again, not really perfect coz I haven't got the other pictures from other friends.

On 1st of July, I got sick (flu + cough) and didn't go out with my friends to the city. I felt so sick that I didn't go out for 2 days. I stayed in room the whole day, tried to study but my memory was stuck. Couldn't think or remember stuff that I had studied. So I switched to playing games on my laptop while anticipating for them to come back (to accompany me ma..).

On 3rd of July, I was feeling a bit better and so I went out with them to St. Kilda beach. The beach looked small coz there was some construction going on. It was a sunny day, cool and windy! I felt better breathing fresh air and looked good taking pictures =P


出动啰!!


The buildings behind made the beach look like it was a beach in the city


3 silly girls trying to act cool - YF, age 19; Conney, age 20; ST, age 21


Act cool again, but YF looked like she was going to laugh =P
(They were like promoting...sunglasses?)

On 4th of July, the Perth gang left for Sydney after a breakfast of pancakes at Deakin - thanks to Calvin and Siaw Tze. Too bad I was still coughing and couldn't eat those pancakes with ice cream. After sending them off, there were no other activities for the day. Conney and I played Super Mario in my room for the whole afternoon!! Haha, it was kinda fun!

We spent the next 2 days shopping - Knox City on 5th and Smith Street on 6th. There were a lot of factory outlets along Smith Street, such as Adidas, Nike, Fila, New Balance, Converse etc. It was a windy, rainny day and I wore the wrong jacket out. I should wear a thicker one! Oh well, I bought a scarf and a cardigan! So happy =)

And so, today - 07/07/07 - Conney went back to Tasmania. This marks the end of my holiday - what I mean is that I should start studying for the coming exam on 16th July and stop enjoying so much.

This long post is brought to you by...


Me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. seriously.. i cant recognise u eh.. haha.. see how much u have changed.. u can just easily recognise me.. hehe.. meaning i din change much ho? haha.. just a little nit fat only hor? =P

*jeSSicA* said...

ur eyes are just blur la =P
a little bit fat? errr...ur face is much rounder! hehe

Anonymous said...

my face is originally chubby.. hehe.. so nothing to do with growing fatter.. =P but monash gang all can keep so well eh.. except for hair growing longer.. erm.. body figure din change much.. haha.. perhaps u all need to thank to the 10 to 15 minutes hilly walk to ur campus..curtin? doink.. within 5 minutes can reach dy.. lol...

LiNg WeNg said...

JESSICA... I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

*jeSSicA* said...

LING WENG I MISS YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha....nice post...haha..

Anonymous said...

haha....nice post...haha..