Friday, April 20, 2007

my other interest besides drawing & poster colouring..

It's till I came to Australia that I realise I have the cooking talent in me. I'm not saying that I'm good in cooking coz I'm still a beginner...what I mean is that I enjoy cooking. A lot. Easier than studying anyway. Just grab any vegie or meat or egg or whatever edible, cut them into pieces, heat up the oil, add garlics or onions and stir-fry them with salt and sauce! Any idea that you have may turn up to be a good and delicious dish, haha~ but I don't have any new ideas right now. Anyone have any ideas?

Last week I helped and taught Yu Wan to fry kangkung. Maybe you would think, fry?! It's a vegie! But yes, it's frying the vegie...with corn flour of course. I got the idea from the Thai restaurant in KB which I used to go with my family. Fried kangkung is a famous dish there, besides tom yam, 'chicken on fire' etc... (geez, I'm hungry now) =P Anyway Yu Wan and me fried some of the kangkung (due to time constrain we stir-fry the rest of teh vegie) and she brought the food to her Care group. Later that night she came back and 'reported' to me, 'They said that your kangkung is nice!' Wahaha...I was so glad to hear that coz it's my first time frying kangkung...luckily kangkung is available in Clayton; we have been searching for it for a very long time.

Next thing I'm going to learn - frying fish! In the more complicated way like my mom used to cook la...

9 comments:

t.v. said...

'Chicken on fire'? Haha, never heard of that.

Anonymous said...

yea.. chicken on fire!! that's nice!! and the fried kangkung!!! i remembered those food.. they are very very nice la!!! miss the food and the time in KB.. so muchie!and of cuz miss you dear jess jess!!!

big sis..

Chien said...

cool!

*jeSSicA* said...

yap: haha maybe coz u dun call that dish to eat ma...hehe..

big sis: u ar...like so hungry...haha...when u come i fry kangkung for u la..haha..

chien: u know it!

Chin Yen Ryan said...

:P
next time we'll see jessica's fried kangkung....if we have another joint dinner then...haha..

yeuyeu said...

Cooking is just fantastic...
if you have time...
teach me how to fry kangkung next time when we cook together again ^^

*jeSSicA* said...

chin yen: u buy the kangkung la...then only i can fry =P

yeuyeu: haha sure!! u teach me how to cook bayam la.. =D

Anonymous said...

She's indeed a great cook!
We wouldn't be able to survive without her...

- yuwan -

*jeSSicA* said...

yuwan: shhhh, dun say so loud, i paise le. =P