Friday, September 22, 2006

E x p e R i e n C e

Had my University of Adelaide interview yesterday at Sheraton Hotel in Subang Jaya. I went there in taxi with Heng, Ryan and my classmate Izaidi. We reached there quite early at 1pm. Mine was supposed to be at 4.40pm (the last interviewee that day) but I had it at 3pm as there's no one left in the waiting room. There's supposed to be an interviewee right there that time (3pm) for his/her interview, but since no one was there, the interviewer told me I could have mine earlier. Of course I was happy to do so as I wanted to go back earlier, and I didn't want those 3 guys (whose interviews were much earlier than me) to wait for me for so long. Oh, while in the waiting room (at about 2pm actually) I met Hui Xuan's friend Evelyn who was her classmate while doing A-Levels in Taylors College Subang Jaya. We chatted a while before it was her turn for interview. She's nice =)

I was in study room yesterday evening after having my dinner with Amelene (we took quite early at about 5pm, was too hungry). There were only a few girls in the room as most of them went out for dinner...only Daphne, Amelene, a Malay girl, one or two juniors and me. Suddenly a bunch of small Malay kids came into the room (dunno from where) and started to play around, make noise and run here and there. Initially we were patient and did not halau them out, just let them be...but then, one of them spotted Conney's junk food on the table!!! Conney was out for dinner and (as usual) her table's full of tit-bits. The little girl asked the Malay girl whether she could have it or not, and the Malay girl turned to tell us that the kid wanted to eat the junk food. We did not know how to answer her and just shrugged. Later that small girl asked me (as I was sitting near Conney's place), told me that her friend/adik wanted to eat. Out of kindness I took the packet of junk food and gave her a handful, hoping that she would not ask the second time (that's Conney's food, for goodness sake!) and then continued to do my maths.

And WELL WELL WELL...they were really like...beri betis mahukan paha...that's the best idiom to describe them! I was startled when the group of small kids took the packet and took handfuls of the food themselves. 2nd time, I looked at them and did not say anything, 3rd time, 4th time...Till I really could not bear it any longer. I stood up and walked towards a boy holding the packet and said, 'Cukup lah, nanti kawan saya marah tau...' Come on la, it's not that I did not want to give them, it's just that the food's not mine, and Conney's not there so I could not just simply give them right?

I took the packet and placed it back on Conney's table, thinking that they would leave it alone. WHO KNOWS...the same thing happened again. I was in a dilemma. I could not just tell them 'Eh tak boleh makan la' since they're little children. I kept looking at Amelene, hoping that she would say something. Just then another girl who's studying asked me, 'Is the food theirs?' and I said 'No', to which she responded by taking action - she walked to the little kids and told them 'Eh ini bukan tempat main-main tau..' while leading them out of the room. THANK GOODNESS.
Finally rid of those kids.. =P

3 comments:

Chien said...

u know what,you should try slapping (hard) them across their faces!
IT WORKS!!! =P

*jeSSicA* said...

wow...slap them?! i where got so cruel wor...wat if they go complain to their parents then i kena liao lo..

Chien said...

Let them complain ler...Then look at the parents like u dont know a thing they are talking about!

btw,that's no cruel...that BRAVE!