Saturday, September 02, 2006

Merdeka countdown

Went to Merdeka countdown at Bukit Bintang with Conney, Christine, Ling Weng, Amanda, Chean Ying, Yeu Sheng, Zhi Han, Penny and Ryan. The place was very, very, very crowded.. it was so noisy as Digi was distributing a kind of loud whistle to Digi users. Well though I'm not a Digi user I got the whistles (2 whistles man! Some of my friends only got a whistle each =P) because I took Conney's phone and showed the lady. Muahaha...smart right?? And we even got a pair of long balloons... I got two pairs because the lady gave me 2 sets. So generous..Hehe..

We stood in front of the Sungei Wang Plaza from about 8.30pm till 1.30am. Whoa, a long 5 hours.. I didn't realise that I had the patience to stand for so long! There were some singers in front on the stage but we hardly paid attention to them initially. There were many people who sprayed each other with snow flakes which you can get at RM10 for 4 tins... Conney and Christine bought some and shared with us. So we sprayed around at strangers and on each other.. It's so colourful and so fun, and so shocking as well because we have to be careful at all times so as not to be suddenly 'attacked' by others. Our hair was full of the white snow flakes and pink and blue strips of dunno-call-what sprayed from the tins. And yeah, the floor was full of the tins and balloons too... so much rubbish that some people nearly fell.

And then it was about 15 minutes to 12am.. Something happened. I realised that the left pocket of my jeans was empty. Out of shock I turned to Chean Ying and exclaimed, 'My phone's lost!!!!' She, too, was surprised and told the others. And so a search began.. we were walking around with our heads down, looking on the floor for any sign of the Snoopy bag which I put my phone in.. There were 2 Chinese ladies who helped me too. Really wanna thank them, and also my friends who helped me in the search.. though it was quite impossible to find it, your efforts made me so touched. At last the phone was nowhere to be found.. sigh.. the photos that we took during the countdown and spraying of the snow flakes using my phone, those nice nice and memorable photos... all gone... And I felt so sorry for spoiling the mood of my friends in celebrating Merdeka Day.. sigh...

I wanna express my heartfelt gratitude to my friends here: (Gee, I sounded so..so formal..)

- Christine: thanks for being so caring and informed Amelene... and even asked me whether I wanted to speak to Amelene that night... you thought that I was very very sad...but actually I felt a sense of 'loseness' (is there such a word?)

- Amanda: really wanna thank you for searching the phone high and low for me.. and helping me telling those Chinese ladies (speaking Cantonese ma, I'm not very good in it) =)

- Conney: you said, 'If I knew who's that fellow who took the photos -refering to my phone- ..huh.. he would know what is 'DIE'!!! Haha Conney you are so cute~

- Ling Weng: thanks for helping by miss calling my phone all the time so that I know my phone was still around..

- Zhi Han & Chean Ying: I read from Yeu Sheng's blog that you two cursed the person who stole my phone... Haha..wonder what did you all say... I wanna know... And thanks for helping me..

- Yeu Sheng, Ryan and Penny: Thanks for helping out too, you guys are so so great!!! =)

- Siew Ting: thanks for giving me those sayang sayang in MSN.. hehe.. thanks for the comfort and warmth..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe...
so, u will get ur new hp on tmr, isnt it~
haha.. tht means we can continue to SS again~

=siewting=

Anonymous said...

Hi~! Long time no see. How are you? I feel so sorry for you because that you've lost your phone. I know how you feel, as my own handphone was stolen last time (last year actually), and it's not even one month old when it was stolen! Anyway, I'm sure that you can get a better handphone. Don't worry, be HAPPY~! Hope to see you soon...
Cheers~
.>_<.

*~_hsieh ying_~*