Sunday, February 25, 2007

a mixture of experience

Okay I'm going to make this post as brief as possible...hope it won't be too long..hehe..

Last Thursday a few friends from Melbourne namely Amelene, Esther, Joanne, Sree and Jing Kai came to Clayton to visit us at Monash. That day was quite a busy day for us as we had to pass up our Working With Children check forms and Police check forms, and during the whole process we had to go around the Campus Centre, moving here and there (from pharmacy to bank to post office to Student Services Centre) and when we finally finished everything, we were really exhausted. Those people from Melbourne had already arrived by then and were waiting for us to bring them around our Halls of Residence. Luckily Yu Wan entertained them earlier by bringing them to the Clubs and Societies Carnival where there's a lot of free food to eat..haha~

In the evening after they went back to Melbourne, 10 of us went to join in the activity of Orientation Week for that night - a trip to St Kilda beach & Luna Park!! Luna Park is an amusement park located near to the beach, and it's soooooo cold there! Monash Residential Services booked the park for the night, and when the gates opened at 9pm everyone rushed in to play their favourites. I was reluctant to play the roller coaster at first, but somehow I tried it after much persuasion. I sat with Yun Ying at the first row and it turned out to be a terrible experience for me. The handle bar was tight but it was still a few centimetres away from me and I felt insecure. I grabbed it as tight as I could when the roller coaster went down the way, and there were a few times when I SLIPPED down my seat to the floor of the coach. It was scary, REALLY SCARY...as I felt that I would fly off if I didn't grap the handle bar tightly. From that moment onwards I made a decision that I would not ride any roller coaster in Australia anymore. I didn't go to any rides after that except for the Pirate Ship.

Anyway, that's one terrible experience I got since coming to Australia. Now I'm going to blog about the Transition Residential Camp at Phillip Island. It was VERY cold there!! Basically what we did was small group discussions most of the time and got to mix around with the local people. I got to play the giant swing!! It's fun and exciting and a new experience for me! Besides that, we went to see the Penguin Parade...the penguins were so cute! (not you, CK) Those penguins are the world's smallest penguins...(again, CK the penguin is the big one) but too bad that cameras and phones for photography were not allowed. So, sorry no pics guys..

We got our timetable and learning materials during the camp and I was glad that I would be in most of the classes with Justina. At least there's someone I know studying together with me in a class..haha..By the way, I got to know two Singaporean guys and a senior from INTEC, Ausmat 16...haha!!

No comments: