Wednesday, February 28, 2007

summary of 2 days

Had my first lecture yesterday. It was fun and funny! The second lecture was presented by another lecturer who talked about emergency stuff...he showed us some pictures which contained images of people with accidents (meaning blood + geli stuff)...till there's a student who fainted near the end of the lecture.

Today we had a lecture for two hours in the morning then two tutorials. That lecture was an introduction to medicine and frankly speaking it was quite boring. Many of us fell asleep till the time when the lecturer said 'OK it's time to get down to business' and we started to sit upstraight and listen to her lecturing about masturbation and homosexuality. But I still dozed off for some few minutes...couldn't help it...

Tutorials are fun but they placed some pressure on me. You can fall asleep during lectures (coz it's conducted in big lecture theatre with everyone present) but you certainly can't fall alseep in tutorials (coz we're divided into groups and each group has a room). And your tutor will pay attention to every person in the class. Just like today during the second tutorial we were asked to do roleplay of medical interview in front of our class of 16 students. I was so scared that the tutor would choose me coz I'm not very good at it yet and I tend to be nervous in front of unfamiliar people. And those locals were doing so great like there's no flaws in the roleplay at all!! And they were speaking with confidence (alright coz English is their native language)..my, I certainly have a lot of things to learn..

Anyway I feel very lucky that Justina will be together with me in almost every class, at least there's someone I know who's same class with me...a great relief..and a few locals from my group P in Transition Camp, too..hehe..

Oh ya, Aussies really speak fast. Can't catch what they're speaking sometimes. Maybe their speed is the same as my speed of speaking Mandarin. A guy from China commented that I speak Mandarin fast, even faster than him! (note: his friends always said that he speaks fast, but I'm faster..haha)

Did I mention that we celebrated Yeu Sheng's birthday? It's really a big surprise for her, we gave her a penguin soft toy from Phillip Island (first present from Australia!) and a cake. It's then we only knew that candles are not provided free together when you buy a cake...unlike in Malaysia....We even got to know a local who's Yeu Sheng's neighbour and he's doing Chinese! Hehe~

4 comments:

Chien said...

I totally agree with you!!!
they are so confident!haha...they like to put up their hands,volunteer to ans!
As for me =S

haha...and i feel so pressure having to do presentation in front of those english speaking humans :P

anyway,u r good u know!i am sure u can do it =)
have fun then...
oh,do u realise that they dont spoonfeed anymore?they dont even "feed" u =.=

*jeSSicA* said...

they are also used to 'cut in' when ppl are talking...esp in discussion..when we usually let the person finish the talking and then express our own opinion..hehe..culture difference!

presentation? wow..i hope i wont be doing any..dun like the idea of searching and preparing like wat i did in college..haha

and yeah they dun spoonfeed anymore, that's expected...so, have to do more reading dy..haih..

Chien said...

heyy...my tutorial today is not as bad as i thought...but then...they voice out more than we do huh!

I gotta do an oral presentation and stupid 1000 essays dy =/
I thought i am through with Eng!!!

*jeSSicA* said...

so fast doing presentation already?? and 1000-word essay...hey chien, u know i have to write this 2500-essay thing and submit it before june! and we have site visits i.e. go to hospital to interview patients....i hope i can get what the ppl are saying in the interview~