Sunday, September 21, 2008

Medical Ball 2008

Yesterday was our annual Med Ball woohoo! It was held at Telstra Dome in the city. The Ball was from 8pm to 12am and there was afterparty after that. We all had already planned to go to this year's Med Ball since last year. We (most of us) brought our dresses, high heels and accessories from Malaysia, so you could see how prepared we were for Med Ball this year =)

We started to prepare ourselves since about 3pm in the afternoon. Christina 'the dedicated hairdresser' came over to Deakin at 3pm to do my hair and Nooi Hoay's hair. I bought a big bottle of hairspray and hairpins from Chadstone a few days ago, and borrowed a hair straightener from Sheryl too. We have everything ready!




Christina doing my hair


Christina spent about 2 hours on Nooi Hoay's and my hair. What I can say is that she's really creative at hairstyling! Thank God for Christina =D It was already about 5pm by then, and she shot off to South East Flats to do Li Ping's hair. The reason I called her 'the dedicated hairdresser' --> she walked to her 'clients' place instead of us 'clients' going to her place LOL

As the time was still early to apply make up, I did a bit of studying just to wait for 6pm...and in the meantime I admired my hair wahaha...it's amazing how Christina used hair straightener to curl my hair!! The other girls were still doing their hair at the other wing of Deakin. See how much time girls need to spend just on hair alone? =P

At about 6pm we started applying make up. I asked for help from my neighbour Eugenia. Thank God she's around =) Coz I only knew how to apply foundation and lipstick =.= My skills at eyelining wasn't good either, so Chean Ying helped me to draw a bit =P Ye Chia helped me to trim my eyebrows earlier in the afternoon too. (Looks like I have a lot of other people's fingerprints on my face LOL)

We were sorta like rushing because there wasn't much time left. Daniel booked a maxi cab earlier that would come and pick us up at 7.20pm. When everyone was ready, it was already about 7.30pm...the taxi driver complained that we made him wait for 10 minutes. He still charged us for the 10-minute wait though.

We arrived at Telstra Dome a few minutes past 8pm. I thought we were late, but guests were only starting to arrive. We had to bring our ticket, student ID, and PASSPORT...yeah passport! Just to show that we are over 18 years old to enter the event.




The first drink that I grabbed was a glass of white wine. And we started taking pictures =D



With Daniel




me, Yeu Sheng, Kaiwen, Iris




With Zepeng...it's only the beginning, don't think you have drunk much wine yet...but why is your face so red?


We looked up for our table number and location. Chau Wang led us the way. Our table was table 6, the first table to the left of the dance floor! Very near to the speakers. Haha. I was impressed that they put our names for each seat!







My name + chocolate + candies + golden rose






with Yeu Sheng






with Ye Chia the 富婆


Soon entree was served. We had smoked salmon with rocket and crouton.








Appetizing...







with Cheng Khoon and Shi Hui


They were also annoucing the new committee members for MUMUS next year. After finishing entree, the music began! We had live band and DJ, and everyone started moving to the dance floor. And we of course suited ourselves to the music too =P





Girls at table 6







Music and dance


There were so many people at the dance floor, which was the focus of the Victory Room. The music was really great. Besides dancing, we took pictures too...








with Jason and Nooi Hoay...NH said he's very gentleman =)







with Kaiwen








with Iris








his name is also Daniel


It was already 10.15pm when the main course was served. There were 2 courses on the menu and they were served alternately.








I got lamb with potato puree








The other course was chicken breast on Japanese pancake...I tasted a bit off Cheng Khoon's plate..the Japanese pancake tasted great







I think red wine and lamb taste great together!


After the main course, we continued dancing again....and more pics!






Grace loves me =P ohhh the golden rose!








Nooi Hoay-me-Chean Ying








with Li Ping...thanks for everything love =)









On the dance floor...guess which is mine =P








with Ivie...it's a miracle that we met at Monash - because I knew her by name through Angelene during those college days, never met her in person until 2 years later!











with Adilah + her silver glittering dress






And we came across the group of ABCs at the dance floor too...





Oh...Sayuri is Japanese =P







With Melody







and also with Hamon...the three of them are housemates






Not forgetting Kelly who loves to randomly kacau me at uni






with Angus






Jian came over to our table




Even with my foot injury (not fully recovered yet) I could still 'dance' (which is shake and move your body according to the music LOL) quite well. We really enjoyed ourselves on the dance floor. I decided to take a solo pic of Li Ping so we stepped out of the dance floor. When I was about to show her the picture I took, I didn't stand stable enough on my high heels so I sprained my right foot a bit....ouch. I felt the immediate intense pain on the same spot of injury. It's the tendon again, I thought. I sat down on the nearest chair and my friends on the dance floor came over to me. Zepeng and Dilys gave me a free massage of my foot. Li Ping's hand was cold enough to act as ice pack which is what I needed LOL. "Are you okay?" many asked. "Yeah, I'm fine," I said. It's just pain for a while. I walked back to table 6 to my seat to rest. I didn't want to spoil my friends' mood for the night. I'm grateful for friends who offered their helping hand to me.






I could still smile with the pain on my foot...so I'm okay! =D




Soon it was dessert time!









The selection of desserts yummy~








our share of sweet stuff




Glamourous girls =D



It was about 12am and people started to leave for afterparty. There were buses provided to go to the venue, but there were too many people going so the buses had to make a few trips. Nooi Hoay, Ye Chia and Zepeng went on the earlier bus, so left me, Chean Ying, Daniel, Yeu Sheng and Chau Wang still waiting for the bus. It was quite a long wait, about half an hour...plus it was cold coz of the wind! We started talking and telling jokes "to generate heat".




I sat down on the pavement while we were waiting for the bus



Finally we got on the last bus, but we didn't get into the club where the afterparty was held - heard that the dance floor was smaller and it was very crowded and hot, hardly had space to move....so Daniel called the maxi cab and we went back to halls, reaching at about 1.45am.



p/s: I rarely upload pics to Facebook, but this time I will!

[updated: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=158915&l=c0917&id=669500454]


2 comments:

Ang3 said...

how come nobody told me u went for BALL??
unfairness...hehe

*jeSSicA* said...

haha i've already told u that it's going to be a big day ma...u muz be surprised to see the photos right? hehe. how do i look?? =P