Friday, October 20, 2006

cockroaches.... E W W W!!!

Siew Ting went back Marudi yesterday at the wee hours of the morning. Her flight was at 7.25am. She called the taxi driver to pick her up at 4.30am to go to the airport. However, when it was 10 minutes to 4.30am, she was still not at her block downstairs. Ling Sing, who was to help her carry luggage, was already down there at her block. She called Siew Ting’s phone but then as the phone was outside of her room, Siew Ting did not pick up her call. So Ling Sing called Siaw Tze instead. Siaw Tze, being blur (as always) and shocked by the sudden ringing of her phone, picked up the call and said ‘hello…’ while Ling Sing blurted into the phone, ‘Siew Ting woke up already or not?’ Siaw Tze was puzzled (still blur that time) kept on saying ‘hello…’ and Ling Sing replied with ‘hello’, and this continued for about 6 or 7 times ‘hello’! Luckily she realised that it was late already, and just then Siew Ting rushed out of the room, got ready and left. ‘luckily got ling sing’(Siew Ting 2006). If not she wouldn’t be in time to board the plane! The reason she woke up late was that she stopped the ringing of her alarm clock which was set at 4am I think, and went back to sleep. Haha =P

Later at night Siaw Tze sms-ed me. ‘Yo… lonely gal… alone now? Wanna come to sleep with me? I mean on st’s bed la... haha... want want?’ I replied her, then she persuaded with me with her second sms saying something like ‘…u come here la.. don argue with mummy o.. come come…’ Well I thought, OK then, since both of us would be alone in our rooms. So I brought my toothbrush and toothpaste, some math exercise and graphic calculator to her place. Chean Ying was quite surprised when I arrived at her door, apparently Siaw Tze did not tell her that I was sleeping over at her place. Chean Ying said, ‘Har? Siaw Tze scared to sleep alone is it?’ Hahaha!!! I went in and sat at Siew Ting’s desk to do the math exercise. Siaw Tze was doing some biology exercise while Chean Ying was doing some chemistry exercise. Just then Christine came and gave me my birthday present, which she said should give me one month ago, hehe! She gave me a nice pink photo frame and a bottle with tiny scrolls in which she wrote some wishes and nice sentences. So romantic la…haha…I love them so much! Thanks ya Christine!

After Christine left the whole room became quiet again as we concentrated on our work. Then we realised that she left her phone on Siew Ting’s desk. So I sms-ed Puai Yee to call Christine to come back for her phone, to which she replied, ‘Haha.. she screamed with anger just now.. haha..’ no doubt for it as she had to climb to the 5th floor again! So she came, took her phone and left for the second time. The whole room resumed its quietness (like so scary la so quiet). Suddenly Siaw Tze screamed at the top of her lungs. I was so startled that I quickly stood up and jumped away from the chair. ‘COCKROACH!!!’ She screamed, while rushing to hide behind the door of her bedroom. Chean Ying also moved away from her desk as the cockroach was crawling at the side of her desk. She went to Ling Sing’s room to borrow Shieldtox and sprayed it to the cockroach which was moving into Siaw Tze’s room. Eventually it became dizzy and passed out behind the door. Siaw Tze was already holding a broom and a dustpan, ordering me to sweep away the deadly cockroach. ‘You come and sweep la…’ I said. ‘No la no la, you sweep la…’ She said in a timid way. Sambil menggeleng-geleng kepala I took the broom from her and swept the creature into the dustpan then threw it into the dustbin at the balcony.

After that we continued with our work. A few minutes later Siaw Tze screamed again while running to hide in her room. Again, both Chean Ying and I were so surprised because of her sudden screaming. We saw that there was another cockroach crawling on the ceiling near the balcony! ‘Why your place so many cockroaches one?’ I asked. Siaw Tze said, ‘Dunno whether this was the first cockroach or not…’ Just then the brown-black bug flew! As expected, more shouting la. It flew to Ru Xing’s white board, to Siew Ting’s desk and crawled on her water bottle, my eraser, paper and even my phone! ‘Hey that’s my phone la!!!’ I shouted while not knowing any way to chase it away. Chean Ying had newspaper in her hand and Shieldtox in the other. Siaw Tze was on the move – she dialled Ling Sing’s number. ‘Faster can and save us!! Got cockroach!’ She talked into the phone. And our heroine came! ‘Where is it?’ Ling Sing asked. ‘Tuu… beside Siew Ting’s table…’ she took a look and asked for some tissue paper. ‘Tissue?! Why you use tissue??’ I asked. ‘To catch it la!’ Wah, so geng! Catch cockroach with tissue is not something that I would do! Cockroach is just so disgusting! Finally she caught it and showed it playfully to Siaw Tze who was scared of cockroaches, haha… ‘You’re our hero!’ Chean Ying said, she even sms-ed Yeu Sheng and told her what happened. I was laughing non-stop when Chean Ying referred toilet paper as ‘bang sai zhua’ in Hokkien. She took a short video of Ling Sing catching the cockroach. As Siaw Tze and I watched it through her phone, Siaw Tze said, ‘You see people catch with own hands, you should learn from her ma…’ I said, ‘You don’t say people la, why don’t you say yourself, only know how to scream and hide behind the door!’ I wonder why people like HER who is quite big-sized (taller) than us, older than us, has big bones and big handwriting (in short, mostly everything BIG) would be scared of small not-welcomed insect called COCKROACH. Haha! Well I admit that cockroaches are disgusting, but then you don’t have to SCREAM when you see it ma… >.<

Phew! Another cockroach gone from our sight! It was nearly 1am that time, then Siaw Tze said, ‘A bit hungry la… scream too much…’ =.= She’s so teruk… oh ya, I had to use wet tissue to wipe my phone, eraser and file, and also wash Siew Ting’s water bottle, all because of that irritating horrible cockroach. After that we went to sleep. I looked through some of the photos beside Siew Ting’s bed while chatting with Siaw Tze for a while before we said goodnight to each other and slept.

6 comments:

Chien said...

Lizards are more scary ok!

Anonymous said...

aiks... ur mummy so scared of cockroach... next time muz hire an exterminator to kill the cockroach eh.. haha.. so so so silly... muz teach her to be brave eh.. haha... wangsa maju too far away.. haha.. next time put some newspaper in her room la... aiks... juz whack n whack till the shit of the cockroach spit out... n laugh at it.. muahahahaha...>.< gals are weird.. =P

Anonymous said...

jess jess.. u know what!!! there were more and more cockroaches eh on thursday!!! aiks.. u know how many altogether? thursday night got 9 COCKROACHES!!! it's NINE!!! gosh.. scare me till death.. cuz i was alone inside the room while chean ying was downstairs watching pearl harbor with ling sing them.. huhu.. but as u can expected.. haha.. of cuz i am not the one who get rid of them la.. haha.. as usual! SOS.. calling for help!!! =P

*jeSSicA* said...

NINE cockroaches??!!! OMG...adui, u are really terrible...ur place muz be super dirty...aiks... *shakes head*

Anonymous said...

Wa... slept on my bed hor.. didnt tell me? got any ant kiss u in the middle of the night? (since u said im SWEET ..) hiak hiak!

=siew ting=

Anonymous said...

and about the cockroaches, thanks for rescuing our dearest big sis, i doubt whether she can sleep soundly tht night.. =_="