Sunday, October 15, 2006

if boring, go find siew ting them... why use the name siew ting? (hint: siew ting is sweet!)

This morning Cheah Yen sms-ed me asking whether I’m okay or not alone in hostel. Her message goes like this: ‘Wei wei wei... wat u doing there? Ok anot staying alone..? If boring, go find siew ting they all la... Sleep over at their place la...’ I replied her that I am in my relative’s house. In another message she sent, ‘u lucky la, so many friends like ME tat sms u scared u boring…’ haha, yeah~

Went to Mid Valley just now to ‘cheong k’ with Chean Ying, Siew Ting and Yeu Sheng. It was fun as we took some pictures and I took a video of them singing the song ‘You Are My Superstar’. Yeu Sheng was very great at singing; she knew how to sing most of the songs at correct pitch! Must call her to go cheong k again next time, haha… After singing karaoke and paid, we left and went shopping (girl’s nature!). I treat Siew Ting ice cream as promised (last night I told her that I would belanja her ice cream if she go cheong k with us). The Baskin ‘Robbin ice cream was very sweet, a little bit too sweet I think, and it melted quite fast. We walked around, going in and out of shops selling clothes, hair bands and those girls’ stuff. Chean Ying bought a pair of pants (I told her that the guard would say ‘seluar ketat’ if she wears that to INTEC =P) while Siew Ting bought a white t-shirt. We went to the lower ground floor and bought some bread (they bought for breakfast next morning while I bought to fill my stomach before dinner). At 5.15pm we went to Kenny Roger’s to have dinner. The three of them ordered quarter meals with 3 side dishes each while I only ordered a vanilla muffin as my relatives were going to have a barbecue at night.




*Chean Ying, Yeu Sheng, Me....*

*.....and Siew Ting, she's so sweet right?*


As I finished eating my muffin and started to transfer the photos we took to Chean Ying’s phone, a Chinese old lady approached us and spoke in Cantonese, calling us to buy her pens at RM3.50 each and kept saying things like ‘给我钱买饭’, and said that she didn’t have money to eat chicken like us. We ignored her initially but she kept on pestering us to buy. She even said, ‘你们没有良心,衰人来的…’ something like that! I stared at Siew Ting as the old lady blurted those words, shocked that she would say so. I turned to my right and saw a waitress and I made eye contact with her so she would come and call the old lady to go away. Then Chean Ying took out RM3 for the old lady, she did not have enough coins to make up the remaining RM0.50. The old lady said, ‘Don’t have RM3.50 then give me RM4’… Siew Ting took out some coins and gave to Chean Ying, summing up RM3.50. The old lady put a pen on the table, saying thank you and walked away to the next table while the waitress followed and told her that she could not do that in the restaurant. Yeu Sheng said, ‘一看就知道是骗人的,衣服穿到这样美…’ we agreed. But maybe there were some other reasons which we did not know. ‘How come this kind of thing always happened when we come out and eat ar? Last time at Sungei Wang also like that…’ Siew Ting said, adding, ‘See us like small kids then tackle us la…’ Chean Ying frowned. Well, hope this won’t happen again in the future…

2 comments:

t.v. said...

Sometimes you just need to be cool, cruel and direct, say "NO!!!"

Anonymous said...

she spoilt our mood lah... aiks!

=siew ting=