Sunday, October 15, 2006

d i n n e r

Now I know rupa-rupanya a lot of people care about me being alone in hostel. The night before leaving, Amelene asked me, ‘You okay or not staying alone? Call Siew Ting to come over here and sleep la…’ I said that it’s ok and told her that I didn’t call Siew Ting to come over as I didn’t want to trouble her. The next day after they left, Cheah Yen also went back home, and I was alone in my room till my dad came and fetched me to my relative’s house. At about 5pm Josephine miss called me (she usually miss call me as a sign to talk at the balcony). I sms-ed her telling her that I was not at the hostel and asked if there was anything. She replied that she just wanted to ask me out to have dinner together. Haha... Guess she thought that I was bored. Later at night when I was enjoying my dinner (gonna elaborate on this later), Siew Ting sms-ed me asking whether I was bored and wanna go to her room and play or not. Apparently she, too, didn’t know that I wasn’t in hostel and was in Hilton Hotel having dinner… haha…

Ok, about the dinner at the hotel… the hotel is near KL Central. My uncle, aunt, cousins, grandpa, dad and me went there coz my cousin brother’s girlfriend works there (and perhaps she got the permission to let ‘relatives’ to have a chance to eat there, haha). While on the way there in my dad’s car, I actually didn’t know where we were heading to that time and the journey was quite long, so I dozed off. When I woke up half an hour later I realised that we were in a parking lot. I saw a sign ‘Hotel Lobby’. ‘Hotel lobby?? Where am I?’ I thought. As we got down the car and walked towards the entrance into the hotel then only I realised that it’s Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur. I was quite blur coz just woke up and on seeing the classic and high class surrounding I was excited. Like, wow… we went up to the 6th floor and were led to a dining room with a round table. There was a buffet and there were lots of people walking around with plates and food - waiters and waitresses, chefs, businessmen, guests and some kids. It was buka puasa time. There was a nice box with two dates inside and two glasses of drinks for each of us on the table.

I followed my dad wandering around with a plate in our hands. I saw a big tray of oysters, lobsters, prawns all on ice. There were also many trays of Malay food like curry, chicken, fish and beef. On the other section there was a corner where they serve Japanese food and desserts in the other corner. I took an oyster, some duck meat and steamed fish.

After finishing the first plate of food a waiter came into our room and took our plates away. I walked out of the room and went to the Japanese food section, taking some raw fish meat and sotong with soy sauce and wasabi. They were simple delicious!

After that I went out to take another plate of desserts which were some cakes with chocolates. They were really soft and lovely, they just melted in my mouth… =P

My cousin sister took a cup of ice cream which consisted of 5 scoops of ice cream flavour, banana, corn, strawberry, mango and lime flavour. I tasted some of it together with my cousin sister and another cousin, and we thought that only the corn tasted nice (more like corn) while the other flavours were quite weird, they were quite sour and the banana ice cream was like blended banana. My cousin sister ate it and gave me a disgusted kind of look, haha.


We were very full after stuffing so much food into our stomach. My cousin brother’s girlfriend who was working came into our room to chat a while with us. From the conversation I knew that she works there from 10am to 11pm a day, which is about 12 hours a day! It must be tiring especially during this Ramadan month.

We went home at about 9pm and I was very satisfied. ‘You are lucky that you come back this weekend,’ my dad told me. Well, yeah!

p/s: going to upload the pics later. connection problem now..

No comments: